Chapter 23 |Love Story|

Black smoke was billowing in the sky. The neighbors were standing at a distance outside the house, and they were all whispering to each other.

When the sirens started sounding and three to four vehicles of fire brigades started coming towards the house. People gave way to vehicles.

Firefighters got down from the vehicles and take out the nozzles from the vehicle and directed it to the house. Water came out of the nozzle at a high speed and they started pouring water on the house.

Some firefighters went inside the house with safety equipment. They started pouring water on the house quickly. Some firefighters went to the upper floor and started dousing the fire.

Within minutes, police cars with sirens on stopped near the house. Jungkook quickly got out of the car and started running towards the house, but a firefighter stopped him. "Where are you going?" He asked.

Jungkook had a worried look on his face and his eyes were fixed on the house. "There is a girl inside... S-she has asthma, she will die if she is not saved." Jungkook said, sweat was visible on his face as he sighed in worry.

"Firefighters have gone in. They will bring her out if she survives, otherwise everything inside is already burnt." The firefighter said and Jungkook looked at him worriedly. "E-Everything is burnt." He whispered. His steps stopped, he rubbed his face in worry.

~~~

Inside, the firefighter reached Sun-hee's room, avoiding the fire and applying water pressure on it. When he looked inside her room, he saw fire burning inside and a girl lying unconscious on the floor.

He quickly went into the room and without thinking anything, he picked up the girl in his arms. Sun-hee's whole body was dripping with sweat, and blood was coming out of her nose.

The firefighter took the girl in his arms and came out of her room and brought her out of the house from the fire.

Jungkook was standing outside the house. He was anxiously looking at the house. When he saw the firefighter carrying Sun-hee in his arms, he was heading outside.

The firefighter laid Sun-hee on the ground. Jungkook hurried over to her and sat on his knees next to her. "Sun-hee, open your eyes!" Jungkook caressed her face but she was unconscious.

Jungkook placed two fingers on her neck pulse and felt. Her pulse was beating, she was alive. "She's alive, call an ambulance!" Jungkook shouted to his colleagues. His colleague nodded yes. The neighbors standing there were busy in whispering.

Jungkook took a look at her face, there was sweat on her face and her skin had black ash of the fire. The thought of Y/n suddenly came to his mind. He started to back away but then a sudden thought stopped him again. He closed his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. But I am doing this only to help this girl. I cannot leave her to die." He thinks with his eyes closed. He sighed and pinched her nose. He cupped her cheeks with his other hand. He let out a long sigh and placed his mouth on hers.

He gave his breath to her. After some seconds. She suddenly coughed, Jungkook pulled away from her. He caressed her face. "Sun-hee." Her name came out of his lips. She coughed badly.

"Get the inhaler from my car!!" Jungkook shouted loudly to his colleague. His colleague ran to Jungkook's car and took the inhaler from his car and brought it to Jungkook.

Last time, Jungkook bought an inhaler for Sun-hee from the hospital but he forget to give it to her that time.

He took the inhaler from his colleague and applied it to Sun-hee's lips. She inhales it and sits on the ground while coughing. "Are you okay?" Jungkook asks her worriedly.