38. Spied on HIM!

First vote, then enjoy!!

Ever face the fear of losing a life in front of you? A doctor faces that situation every day, every minute, every second they are in the operation theater

Ever face the fear of losing a life in front of you? A doctor faces that situation every day, every minute, every second they are in the operation theater. Only they feel the weight of having a person's life in their hands. Of course, we are not gods. The world sees us as gods, but they forget we are just humans—doctors trying to cure people.

Here I was, standing in my blue uniform in front of my 15-year-old patient who was suffering from ASD. My team and I were proceeding with the ASD closure operation, but as we neared the end, I could see the low success rate of this operation.

"Dr. Anshuman, his heart rate is decreasing," Payal said as she monitored the screens. Sweat beads formed on my forehead as we hurried to finish.

Passing the task of stitching to Dr. Patil, my gaze went to the clock. We had been in the OT for five hours now; it was nearly afternoon. I looked at the monitor where the heart rate was now returning to normal, and the operation was nearly done.

After bandaging the patient and transferring him to the next ward, I left the OT, disposing of my operation suit, mask, and gloves. Walking to the locker room, I changed from my blue uniform into my office suit.

As I locked my locker, I noticed my engagement ring inside. Taking it out, I looked at the golden band adorned with a blue moonstone and two diamonds. I remembered the day we bought our engagement rings. Srida was very particular about having a ring with a moonstone. She mentioned once that the moon resembles someone you miss. For me, every time I look at the moon at night, its brightness cutting through the dark sky, I think of her. She is my moonlight.

Srida, my innocent moonlight.

Wearing the ring, which I can't wear in the OT while performing operations, I walked down the hospital corridors and took the reports from the desk.

Entering the cabin, I saw the most idle person, scrolling through his phone. I knew he was aware of my presence, and as I tried to peek at his phone, he turned around. "Peeking is a bad habit," he sang, making me roll my eyes.

"And entering my cabin without my presence is intruding on someone's privacy, which is a crime," I said, placing the report on the table and sitting in the chair. "Ab bata, why are you here? Of course, you didn't come without any reason," I said, noticing his disheveled state.

(Now tell)

"Bhai, I wanted to meet you. I've noticed you're very busy these days. Also, you didn't come yesterday to Sharma's mansion for Anuradha's birthday," he sighed, his appearance telling a different story.

Taking a sip of water, I narrowed my eyes at him. "I had an operation to perform yesterday. I was busy with it. So, what's happening with you?" I asked as he slumped in his chair.