Characters

Kion: Kion is the second son and leader of the royal guard. He is gifted with the roar of the elders and a sword that no one can use other than him. He was at first reprimanded by his father for his choice of the members of the guard. He is the youngest leader ( being only 13 when he formed his guard). He vows to protect Pestherel with his life. When his grand-uncle, Taka (a.k.a Scar) gets revived, Kion loses confidence and blames himself. After gaining new allies, Kion and his guard engage in a battle with Scar and emerge victorious but with a price. Kion gets a scar and just MAYBE he may end up like Scar. So he travels to the kingdom of Flanvicia to be cured.

Fuli: Fuli is the fastest member in Kion's royal guard and she is also the second-in-command. She is very close to Kion, which makes others believe that they have feelings for each other ( they don't). She knows what emotional trauma Kion is going through and willingly joins him in his journey to Flancivia.

Bunga: Bunga is the bravest member in the royal guard and Kion's first and best friend. He always find a way to bring out the playful side of Kion. He is indestructible and is immune to poison ( though because of this he does things without thinking ). He can be very annoying. He joins Kion to Flanvicia even though he sometimes think Kion is turning evil.

Beshte: Beshte is the strongest member of the royal guard. He is a very friendly and funny person even though people feel intimidated by him because of how big and tall he is. He lost his mother when he was six and vows never to lose a loved one again. He readily volunteers to go with Kion to Flanvicia.

Ono: Ono was the keenest of the sight in the royal guard. He is the youngest member being only 11 when he was chosen in the royal guard. He feels so small and wants to prove he's something. When he loses his sight, he feels so useless. He gets the position of the smartest member though at times he felt Kion kept him in the guard out of pity. He is joined by his friends to go to Flanvicia to regain his sight.

Anga: Anga is the current keenest of sight in the royal guard. She's given that position after Ono loses his sight. She feels Kion let her in the guard because they needed a new keenest of sight and that she will never be a true member of the royal guard. 

Kiara: Kiara is the second born and only daughter of Simba and Nala. She is a rebellious, adventurous and a brave princess who love her brothers deeply which causes her to follow Kion to Flanvicia. 

Kopa: Kopa is the first son of Simba and Nala. He is jovial and funny and he loves to draw. He is supposed to be the future king but has given that responsibility to Kiara. He adores Kion and sometimes wishes he was in the royal guard to support Kion. When he finds out about Kion going to Flanvicia, he joins him too.

Simba: Simba is the current king of Pestherel. He has had a lot of trauma in his childhood and is afraid of losing any of his children ( especially Kiara who took his attitude in every way ). He is terrified of Kion turning into Scar so he is in full support of him going to Flanvicia and even accompanies him.

Nala: Nala is the queen of Pestherel and wife of Simba. Having lived most of her life without Simba, she swears not to live her life without any of her children. She goes with Kion to Flanvicia.

WARNING: This book contains blood. If you are not okay with this, please do not read the chapters which I have indicated it would have blood in it.