Prologue

Proserpina stares at her reflection in a dark mirror hanging on the wall of the dim room. Her fingers traced out the outline of the carvings on the black frame of the mirror. A sly smile spread across her face as she thought of all she had planned.

"Once you are freed, father, we will have our revenge on the people of Everia . The very ones who sealed you in this mirror will be begging for their lives,"she declared.

"I agree with you, your highness. Although, a few mortals might stand in our way".

Proserpina was startled at the unexpected voice. She turned around and calmed down as a sinister figure emerged from the shadows. 

The man wore the robes of a sorcerer but looked like a warrior. He was tall and well-built. He had jet black hair and his face was marked by a long, jagged scar.

"Don't ever, ever sneak up like that, Aldous, or I might rip off your head without even meaning to,"Proserpina snapped. "And what do you mean 'a few mortals might stand in our way '? Have you forgotten we are demons ? How can mortal humans stand in our way ?"

"Excuse the rudeness, but have you forgotten the prophecy of Nonni ? " Aldous asked.

"I do not want to hear that man's name ever again!, Treacherous man, he got what he deserved ,"Proserpina snapped again. 

"Well, I'm sorry to burst your bubble but according to that man's prophecy, six heroes are going to rise during the reign of the ninth ruler of Everia.  And as we both know, old Janna is ruling Everia now and she is the ninth ruler, "Aldous explained.

Proserpina clenched her fist in rage. How can her ambitions of freeing her father be thwarted because of mere six mortals? Suddenly, Proserpina remembered who she was and what authority she had, so she calmed down. 

A vicious idea came up in her mind and she chuckled maniacally. Why not kill the six heroes before they thwart her plans ? The prophecy described them, so they wouldn't be difficult to find. 

"Find the heroes and bring them before me . I want to rip their hearts apart, one by one,"Proserpina commanded.

"I'll alert the war maidens and demon lords, your highness..."