CH. 3

•| ⊱ First Day ⊰ |•

The days seemed to drag on while at the same time, it seemed like nothing could stop moving for Ben. He was running around the school to make sure everything was prepared for the new students. His girlfriend, Audrey, begrudgingly helped him even though she was very vocal about how against this she was.

She wasn't the only one to voice concern. There were plenty of others who tried to sway the prince from doing something so daring and foolish. Yet he didn't back down in the face of it all. There were parents that threatened to unenroll their kids from Auradon if he went through. A number of students went back home or to another well established school to continue their studies.

Even when his supporters were outnumbered by detractors, he stood his ground and sent those five letters.

As much as Audrey loathed the idea of isle people coming here as free people. She had to give credit to Ben for sticking with his plan. Even if she didn't like any of this, she was willing to support Ben if he fully believed in reforming the few "innocent" people of the isle. But if she learns of any wrong doings she'll have those five shipped off back to the isle and make sure that letting someone off the isle will never happen again. She and others would make sure of it.

When the morning of the Isle kids finally came round everything was tense. Even those few who supported Ben's idea were on edge. The school, the people here were always quite loud, bustling with life. Now everyone was almost silent as if everyone were at a funeral and they were mourning while the casket was lowered into the ground. The air was suffocating. It was unbearable to withstand, but Ben told himself that this had to be done.

This was a necessary step to meaning old scars. He knew this wasn't going to be easy or walk in the park. He was hopeful, not senseless as everyone liked to believe. There were many risks taken to build up to this moment and if everything falls apart then he'll gladly take responsibility for his ambition.

"Everything's going to be okay." Audrey whispered as she squeezed his hand. Ben swallowed a lump in his throat. He couldn't fight off the ever growing anxiety that was building up. Noticing how tense everyone else around him wasn't helping either.

Seeing that her words weren't getting through, Audrey whispered to him again. "No matter what happens I'll be here for you. Remember that, Benny." He finally tore his eyes away from the distant view and looked at her with her supportive smile. Her dark brown eyes betrayed her, showcasing the same growing anxiety of her own.

Still that was enough to make him slowly grin. They had different thoughts on this matter, but she'd always support him and that simply made his heart flutter. "You know, with your smile you could be a Charming."

Audrey let out a flustered giggle and playfully slapped his shoulder. "I think you're the real Charming here." Her response only made his smile wider. They gazed at each for a moment before the band started playing. The sudden noise made them both nearly jump out of their skin.

There were two carriages that came closer. The horses that were pulling the carriages were white as snow and galloped with a refined pride. The carriages matched the elegance of the horses because Ben asked for only the best.

As the carriages came to a stop in front of Ben, the band started to slowly quiet down before going silent. The door swung open and two boys fell out. They were screeching at each other and trying to pull something out of each other's hands.

The screaming alerted the other carriage door to fly open. A [hair color] haired girl jumped out with a frightened expression. She whipped her head to where the ruckus was coming from and her face became more relaxed maybe even relieved. Two other girls emerged from the first carriage and quickly broke up the game of tug of war.