letter, hj ִ ࣪𖤐

If you were to see this, you wouldn't even guess that the bravado captain of the Solarion is currently on his cabin, sobbing under the night sky as I write this

Here I am, trying to put my feelings into words, but it's almost as if I'm trying to catch the wind in a net.

First and foremost, Sora, you with your sea-green eyes and that mischievous smirk, have a way of making my heart feel like it's caught in a storm.

I know we're from different worlds, like two ships passing in the night. You're all about the waves and the mysteries of the deep, while I'm just a landlubber trying to find his way in this crazy world.

I know you're nothing but trouble at first, with that tongue of yours sharper than any blade or cutlass I've ever seen. But know this for sure, I'd still dive headfirst even if it means hearing your voice over and over again.

If I could, I'd trade my legs for fins and join you beneath the waves. I'd sing you songs in the language of the sea, and we'd dance together in the moonlight until the stars burned out. I'd honestly let go of my memories of the land to embrace the unknown currents of your world.

But life doesn't work like that, does it?

So, as you head back to where you belong, just know that a part of me will always be out there with you, riding the waves and chasing the horizon. I'm grappling with the endless surges of emotions. On one hand, I'm filled with a sense of sadness at the thought of you leaving. But on the other hand, I know that the sea is where you truly belong, and who am I to stand in the way of that?

As much as it pains me to say it, I know that our time together is coming to an end. The sea, your mother, is finally calling you home. Yes, I'm audacious—but this time, I won't stand in your way.

Take care of yourself out there. And if you ever find yourself lost in the vast expanse of the ocean, just listen for the sound of my heart beating, and know that I'll be there.

And if you ever find yourself missing the feel of solid ground beneath your feet, just know that I'll be here too, waiting with open arms and a love that's as deep as the ocean itself.

Your Notorious Captain,
Kim Hongjoong.