22. Excess To The Secret Room

Nandini's Pov

I don't know what to do. What if Cabir tells his friends about us? I don't want that. I have to talk to Emir and ask him to stop Cabir. I went back to his room but stopped listening their talks.

"You know what you're doing?" Cabir asked.

"I know"

"Manik, you think its right what if-"

"Chill, Its just a mere attraction you know that. I don't believe in love. We both are physically attracted to each other, nothing more. He said.

Manik? Is there someone else in the room? But Emir replied to his question. What is going on?

"I hope you stand by your words"

"I will"

"Ok then I am leaving. I have to see mom she is not feeling well"

"What happened everything fine?"

"Yeah it's just-"

I knocked on the door and entered the room. "Emir can we talk?" I asked.

"Yeah you can I'm leaving, see you later Emir" Saying so he left.

He called Emir by another name but why? Is Manik his nickname or something?

"What happened?" He asked as Cabir left.

"Nothing. I just want to talk about us"

"About us?" I sat besides him.

"Yes, Emir I don't want your friends to know about us. I mean Cabir saw us but-"

"He won't tell anyone"

"What if he do?"

"I know him he won't don't worry" I nodded.

"If you say so."

"But why don't you want them to know?" I knew he will ask.

"Because I know about Alya's feelings. She almost threatened me not to get close to you and I promised her I won't but... I don't want her feelings to get hurt"

"Look Nandini, whatever feelings she has for me is her problem. I never gave her wrong signals to feel something for me. I respect her feelings but... Whatever No one will be able to find out so relax."

"Yeah ok" He got up. "Where?"

"In office room I have some works to complete." I nodded.

*********

I was in my room reading a book when some unpleasant voices caught my attention. I came out of the room to see a lot of people standing with guns in their hands.

"I said call your boss" One of them shouted. He was looking the head of them as he was a bit old man and had no gun in hands.

"Stop shouting Khurrana, I'm here only." Emir said, coming out of his secret room.

He was wearing a mask and had no gun in his hand. Guards were also present there with guns.

"Lilly you go inside" He ordered while she ran from there. Ayza was standing on the Kitchen's door with eyes closed. Oh poor girl. "Why are you here?"

"Hello to you too Malhotra." He said.

"I asked why are you here?"

"Well, if you remember Sahil's case... I mean of course you remember-"

"Come to the point"

"Ok, so the point is whether you surrender yourself or I kill you, as simple as that" Emir Started to laugh.

"Whether I surrender or you kill me? I will go with the 2nd option, kill me" He said. Isn't he scared to die?

"Manik Manik Manik, don't think I will leave you. I came here, in your house it's not just to threaten I mean my words."

"So I'm also serious Khurrana, do it" The guns were pointed towards him.

"In that case, any last wish?"

"Last wish?.... Well... I have one"

"Speak up"

"My last wish is... To kill you from my hands" he pulled out the gun from his back and held khurrana's neck under his arm pointing the gun on his head.

Oh god I feel like I'm watching a movie. I wish I could record all this as a proof.

"Put down your guns" He ordered. They all surrendered putting their guns down.

I left inside the room. I can't see this. I closed the door and turn on the tv with high volume. That Khurrana also called him Manik. What is the story behind this name? Is he Manik or Emir?

After a while someone knocked on my door. I turned off the volume opening the door to see him. I will pretend like I haven't seen anything.

"Work finished?" I asked.

"Not yet"

"Then why are you here?"

"You fine?' He asked.

"Yes. why?"

"That incident... Blood-"

"What blood? Wait something happened downstairs?" I panicked.

"No no nothing. I just wanted to check on you." He said.

"Oh, I'm fine nothing happened to me."

"Okay. I will finish my work then, see you" I nodded and he left.

At night I came out of my room and entered his to see him nowhere. He is still in his office room. I closed the door behind me and started searching. Maybe I can get some information about Manik. I looked in his cupboards and drawers but there was nothing to show Manik until my eyes fallen on a passport. I picked it up and looked for a name.

It was written Manik Malhotra on it but the photo on it was of him. Then who is Emir and why is he using this fake name? Keeping the things on it's place I came out of the room and moved down. I came to his secret room and knocked on it. After a while he opened the door and was shocked to see me.

"Nandini?"

"I'm sorry I came here I was... I'm not feeling well Emir I..." I fallen down. Not actually it's just a way to enter this room.

"Nandini? Bani Kaki!" he picked me up in his arms taking me inside.

He lay me down on the couch tapping my face trying to wake me up. He called the doctor. Oh god why doctor? He poured some water on my face and I slowly opened my eyes.

"Emir!"

"You fine? What happened?" He asked. I got up holding my head.

"I don't know I'm feeling low." I said. I looked around. I wanted to smile on my achievement but he is here so...

Alina❤