Chapter One: The Beginning of a Legend

The kingdom of Thornhaven, a place filled with mysterious things. Guarded by knights and Dames, made out of blood and stone, ruled by a royal family. A place where a lot happens all at once for no apparent reason. People of all different backgrounds, some good and others bad. But it all begins at the training ground, where someone in particular is there.

Hailie twisted and turned with a sword in her hand, for she was practically born and raised with one. Her blue hoodie was drenching wet, and her skinny blue jeans stuck to her rose blige skin. It was starting to make the scar on her right eyebrow look more apparent, but she didn't really mind about it so much. Her blue necklace swayed left to right as she moved around. Even with her body covered in sweat and being exhausted, she gracefully dogged attacks from her sword fighting partner and best friend, Bray. "Not bad." She spoke, her brown curls covering her face softly.

"Sweet coming from you." Bray protested, his tanned bronze skin glistening in the hot sun. He towered over the girl, with him being five foot nine and Hailie only five foot two, it seems like Bray has more of an advantage. "How come you haven't- WHOA!" He tried to ask, but was stopped when Hailie swiped him off his feet and onto his back. A quick twirl around, and the top of her sword was an inch away from her friend's neck.

"Got ya." Hailie victoriously said.

"Hailie ten! Bray zero as always." Another voice hollered. This time it was a female friend of the princess. Alexis, one of Hailie's first friends besides Bray, and an amazing warrior. Her long maroon hair was in knots and tangles, as her almond colored skin matched her brown freckles all over her body. She had beautiful castleton green eyes, as she wore her shadow gray armor made out of the finest steel from the kingdom. She had her katana size sword in the sash on her waist, while she stood tall and confident.

"I learned from the best!" Hailie replied, helping Bray back onto his feet.

The boy was a particular kid. He had green and black hair, dark brown eyes, and a scarred face from the battles he had. The one being the most noticeable was running down from the tip of his scalp, across his left eye, and to the top of his jaw line. This was the lightest part of his body, the scar tissue being a little brown, because he was very dark skinned. He wore a mixture of punk clothing with straps of cloth just hanging off of what he normally wears, and normal middle jock boy outfit. Black jeans, a bright green t-shirt, and glow in the dark gym shoes.

"If I could just get you on the ground I could take you on with ease." The boy mumbled angrily.

"Ha! You wish." Hailie responded pridefully.

Bray knew a thing or two about wrestling and could get people on the ground quickly. He had to after all. Unfortunately for him, Hailie was the hardest person to knock down. Her reputation was extraordinary, around one hundred fights and only two losses. One was with her bully when they first met, Kali. It wasn't really a loss, more like a tie since the teachers had to break it up. The other one was won by her sister, Funneh. She doesn't talk about it much, not because she's mad she lost but rather...

"You up for round eleven Bray? Or, you can go against Alexis." The brown curly haired girl spoke.

"I ain't doing that. I'd really rather eat something right now."

"Come on!! It'll be fun!" Alexis pleaded, making Hailie laugh.

"Now what are you three talking about? I thought you were training?" A new voice asked.

"Hey Kamryn! Nice to see you're finally joining us!" Replied Bray sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes at the statement. Kamryn Keezheekoni, she is one of the nicest people ever; yet she can kill you in a second if you crossed a boundary. She had long light brown hair with blonde tips. She was wearing black glasses, casual comfy clothes, black boots with a million laces on them, and a small knife in the same boots. Her casual so to say. She had light skin with scars and dirty nails (Usually due to overworking them like crazy).