seven

P9, points on debut in an AlphaTauri.

As she got out of the car she felt proud of herself, she didn't win the race but it had maybe felt as good as winning. She knew how hard she worked to break into the top 10 and the team knew that too. She walked over to her race engineer, giving him a quick hug.

"I told you, I told you we were going to get those places back. Point on debut, good job kid, I don't think I could be more proud of you." Philip said, hugging her one more time.

Hearing those words come out of his mouth meant everything to her, he would never know how much those small praises truly meant to her.

"You were right, like always," she said, getting out of the hug.

June walked back into the garage, trying to find Yuki.

"Yuki!" June said, making the Japanese boy turn to look at her.

"P10 and P9 Juni!" Yuki yelled to her.

June walked over to Yuki, "You had a good race, thanks for all the help too."

"No problem, it all worked out for both of us."

"Yeah, it worked out well," she said, looking back to spot her dad.

She saw him sat in the guest area, looking less than thrilled.

"I have to go talk to my dad, I'll see you in the meeting."

"See ya June!" he said, turned back to talk to someone else.

June walked slowly over to her dad, keeping her head down, "Hi dad,"she said quietly.

Her dad didn't say anything, he started walking back towards her driver's room.

"Dad?" she said confused, following him closely behind.

It was like all it took was a split second, the moment June was out of view of her team. Her dad grabbed the collar of her race suit, throwing her in the small room.

"The fuck was that today," he said, slamming the door.

"You leave in the middle of the night and now you're happy about 9th? Fucking 9th?

"What? I made up 5 places, I did the best I could."

"Who told you to think like that, like a loser. Was it Jak?"

"No it wasn't." she cried, trying to keep Jak out of it.

"It was, and it was probably his room you went to last night. You think I don't know these things June, but I do, and I already talked to Jak today, you're not seeing him for a long time."

"What? No, what did you say to him?"

"I said something that'll keep him away."

"How could you?" she yelled at him.

"How could I? How could you, you made me do this. If you had just been a good kid none of this would have happened."

"I hate you!" she yelled.

"You hate me? At least I care about you, more than your sorry excuse for a mother ever did."

June paused after hearing the insult thrown at her mother. Her mom wasn't always like that, she used to be kind, loving, maybe one of the sweetest moms anyone could ask for. Until that all changed and her mom became cold, numb to everything.

"We'll talk about your behavior at the hotel." her dad said, leaving her alone in her driver's room.

June sat on the floor, tucking her knees into her chest. She tried to calm her breathing down, she couldn't cry. She couldn't have them worry about her.