The presentation

How I wish Daphne would have been the oldest sister. 

It is a horrible thing to say as someone who absolutely loves her sister but I dream of it everyday. 

I hate hate hate having to come out to society first. In fact I detest it. 

But I am in fact the oldest daughter, I need to be perfect, for my family and for me. 

"Clementine!" I heard Eloise yell down the stairs and I let out a laugh. 

She didn't want to come definitely but if she needed to go she needed to come back faster. 

"Make haste!" I heard her yell and I laughed with my maid, Ellie. 

"She is impatient" I said and she nodded. 

"She is. And you look beautiful, milady" She said and I smiled. 

"I think I do" I said and she chuckled. 

"You do, I promise" She said and I smiled nervously. 

"Dearest" I heard my mother say behind the door and I smiled. 

"Yes, mama?" I asked and waited for her to answer. 

"Are you ready?" She asked and I chuckled. 

"Yes, wait downstairs" I said and I heard her chuckle. 

"I shall wait downstairs" She said and I heard her footsteps depart. 

"I shall go downstairs to go with my family" I said and Ellie nodded.

I excited the door while Ellie helped me with the tail of my dress as I walked out of my room and to the start of the staircase as every single one of my siblings and my mother looked, or rather gawked at me. 

"I am not cattle ready for auction you know? You do not need to gawk at me like that" I said and both my twin and benedict let out the loudest of laughs. 

"Hush you" My mother said and I smiled at them. 

"You look beautiful" Hyacinth said and I smiled at her as I walked down the stairs. 

"Thank you Hyacinth," I said trying to hide my nerves. 

I am so incredibly nervous, I shall just walk so that the queen will see me and see if I am valuable enough to be a diamond? Oh god. 

"Are you ready?" Mother asked and I nodded, clearly nervous. 

"You shall not worry sister, you will be the diamond of the season and you will have numerous suitors" Daphne said and I nodded even more nervously now. 

"Where is Anthony?" I asked my mama and she sighed. 

"You brother will be here" She said and I looked down to the floor.