The Bridgerton ball

It has been two weeks. Today is the last ball of the season and in a last attempt of trying to find myself again me and Sebastian deicded to attend. 

Also because it was my mother who was hosting at Bridgerton house.

 It would also be our first ball as a married couple. I looked at myself in the mirror where I wore a purple dress full of little diamonds and after 3 weeks I was finally starting to feel like myself again. 

"You look absolutely gorgeous" Sebastian said from the door frame and I smiled softly. 

I have not even given him as much as a kiss since well 3 weeks now, and I am utterly surprised that he is still proving himself for my forgiveness. 

"Thank you. You do not look too bad yourself" I said and he smiled softly. 

I have gotten around to finally smiling more, and it felt nice. 

"We should get going we do not want to be late for your mother's ball" He said and left a kiss on my temple making me smile as we walked out of the room hand in hand. 

We got into the carriage and went to Birdgerton house where it was already packed with people everywhere. We walked inside and people were already dancing and I could spot the duke and the duchess dancing, making me smile. 

"Those are going to be you and Sebastian in a few years" Colin said from my side and I smiled and hugged him. 

"You look better" Colin said in my ear and I smiled as we pulled away. 

"I feel better" I said and looked over to see Sebastian talking to Iris. It is still rather unbelievable to me that Iris does not have a husband, but in all honesty I have not asked the reason why. I should talk to her. 

"Have you two talked or do I need to issue my challenge to him?" Anthony said out of nowhere standing next to colin and I glared at him. 

"That is not funny" I said and he chuckled. 

"I am jesting. You two seem happier" He said and I looked back at Sebastian. 

"We are on our way" I said and turned back to my brother's to see Benedict has joined their side. 

"Well next season you will not have me anymore to cling on to. I hope you three do not make a fool out of Daphne" I said and they looked at eachother. "I mean it" I said and they shrugged. 

"I mean I feel like it is my duty as vscount" Anthony said and the three of us groaned silently. 

"If I hear of your duty again, I will leave" I said and he smiled.

"I will do my best to ensure Daphne's happiness" He said and I nodded. 

"Good now which one of you will take me dancing" I asked and they frowned immediately.