First day of suitors

The next morning I awoke bright and early to get ready for the potential suitors that would be arriving today at the house. 

I was rather nervous again, but this time to see if Mr. Montgomery actually came. 

After I got ready I went down to the dining room to get some light breakfast, which was also everything I could eat, and headed straight to the drawing room and grabbed a book to read while I waited for suitors. 

I grabbed 'a tale of two cities' and began to read it as I have for the one millionth time. 

As I started to read the first page of the book I became more nervous with each passing second. 

"It was remembered afterwards that when he bent down and touched her face with his lips, he murmured some words. The child, who was nearest to him, told them afterwards, and told her grandchildren when she was a handsome old lady, that she heard him say, "A life you love."" I read and I smiled. 

Pretty fitting for this moment, romance has never truly been my thing but this book is truly one of my favorites ever. 

I have read it countless times, my siblings are quite irritated all the time that i've read it as many times as I have.

I don't know why it concerns them though, it's just a book. 

"Already reading that book again sister?" I heard Colin ask as he entered the drawing room and I shook my head. 

"Already bothering me brother?" I asked rather fed up with his attitude about a book. 

"You woke up rather angry" He said and I rolled my eyes. 

He makes me rather angry. 

"Ma'am" I heard humboldt say as he opened the door. 

"Oh Humboldt. Any suitors?" Mother asked and I smiled as I looked at them. 

"Many in fact, my lady. Shall I send them in?" He asked as my mother and daphne seemed way too excited, I just want to hope that one gentleman is here. 

"Yes, please do" Mother said and then turned to look at me. 

"Oh dearest, this is going to be amazing" Mother said with the biggest smile on her face and I just gave her a small smile back. 

This was going to be rather overwhelming.

-

Two hours later I had made conversation with almost 20 gentlemen, none of them made any worthy conversation. 

They were all about the same topics, hobbies, kids and marriage. 

Not one of them dared ask me about anything else. 

Right now as the line to call on me was almost finished, I was talking to Lord Fife who seemed rather interested in how well I could be lady of the house.