The Danbury ball

I awoke from my nap a little under 2 hours before the ball when Ellie came to wake me up. 

I got ready putting on the dress Madame Delacroix made for me. 

It was beautiful, nothing less. It was a beautiful light teal color with a long beautiful flowy skirt full of glitter, and the bodice was just beautiful. It had flowers and diamonds and it was just absolutely perfect. 

I looked at myself in the mirror smiling at my reflection.

 I put on a very nice necklace that used to be my mothers and it complemented the dress really well along with the earrings. My hair was done, in a very simple, yet elegant way. If I do say so myself, I looked quite beautiful. 

"Are you ready de-?" Benedict said as he walked into my room but stopped talking once he saw me. 

"What? is there something wrong with my dress?" I asked and turned to look at myself from behind only making him laugh. 

"No, there is nothing wrong, you just look spectacular" He said as he looked at me and I smiled. 

"Did Benedict Bridgerton just compliment me instead of mocking me?" I said and he chuckled and shook his head. 

"Don't flatter yourself sister. You just took me by surprise. It seems you are no longer the 10 year old sister that would ask for my sweets at Aubry hall" He said and I let out a laugh. 

"I am 8 and 10, brother. I have not been 10 for 8 years I fear" I said and turned to look at myself in the mirror again.

 "I know that but. Nothing. You do look great sister" He said and I smiled as I looked at him through the mirror. 

"Thank you" I said and smiled. 

"Benedict, you were supposed to ask our dear sister if she was ready wh-" Colin said as he walked into the room but he too stopped talking once he saw me. 

"Wow, you look- wow" Colin said and I let out a chuckle. 

"I believe we are missing a brother to have the same rea-" I said and before I finished that brother interrupted me. 

"What is wrong with you? I send you for our sister and you-" Anthony said as he entered the room. and he too didn't finish. 

"You three had the exact same reaction, you know? I mean you are brothers, but I assumed me and Colin would be the ones that acted the most alike" I said as the three of them looked at me with the same surprised face. 

"You look dazzling, sister" Anthony said and I laughed. 

"Thank you, to all of you. Although I was under the impression only Mama and Anthony were coming to the ball along with me" I said a little confused as my 3 brothers still stared at me in shock.