If you let go

Damian gently stepped back, his voice filled with a mix of desire and caution, "Chas," he whispered, pulling me inside. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as his lips found their way to my neck, sending a shiver down my spine.

"Damian, aren't your parents home?" I questioned, my mind struggling to comprehend the situation. "Mom's out with her friends, and Dad and Aiden went to a game," he chuckled, pulling me closer to him.

Without hesitation, I allowed Damian to guide me to his bedroom. "Chas, you drive me crazy," I giggled as I settled onto the bed. Damian leaned in and captured my lips with his, sending a frenzy of butterflies in my stomach.

Before we could go any further, Damian stopped abruptly, his hand slipping from mine as he took a step back. His eyes searched mine with a mixture of confusion and vulnerability. "Chas... what are we?" he asked softly, the words hanging heavy in the air.

I shrugged, as the weight of his question enveloped me like a thick fog. Words escaped me, and I grappled with the whirlwind of emotions swirling inside. "I don't want to dance around the truth," he said, his voice steady and firm. "It's clear that I like you and always have. But I won't let myself be used for your selfish needs."

I took a deep breath, meeting his gaze with unwavering honesty. "Let's be honest about our intentions here and now. I need to know where we stand, Chas. No more ambiguity, no more games. Just the truth."

I pulled Damian back, my fingers digging into his arm, my grip tighter than I'd intended. My heart pounded as uncertainty gnawed at me, wondering if my words would be enough to stop him from walking away. "I don't know what I want us to be," I confessed, my voice barely above a whisper, trembling with vulnerability. "I just don't want you to leave me, okay? I know it's selfish, but you're the only thing that makes life worth living."

As the words spilled out, I exhaled deeply, feeling like a massive weight had finally been lifted from my shoulders. For a moment, hope fluttered in my chest, fragile and desperate.

Damian's expression shifted, a mixture of discomfort and conflict. He shook his head slowly, his body language betraying his unease. "Chas..." he began, his voice trailing off as he struggled to find the right words. His eyes darted away from mine, unable to hold my gaze. "Maybe it would be better if we just stick to being friends. Maybe some time apart would be good for us too, just until I can figure out my feelings."

His words hung in the air, heavy and uncertain, as the distance between us seemed to grow wider.

It felt as if the world had come to a standstill and the sun had ceased to shine, casting everything into an eternal twilight. "What...?" I breathed out shakily, my voice barely more than a whisper as I fought back the tears threatening to overflow. "No... Damian, please." The warmth of the tears already trailing down my cheeks mocked me, each drop a reminder of my vulnerability. My hands angrily scrubbed away the evidence of my sorrow, my nails digging into my skin as if I could erase the pain by force.

"Chas, we can't do this," Damian declared firmly, his tone resolute yet tinged with regret. His eyes, usually so full of warmth, were now distant and cold, as if he had already begun to detach himself from the situation. "It's selfish for us to use each other. I don't want to get hurt, and I don't want to hurt you." His words hung in the air like a death sentence, each one cutting deeper than the last.

I could see the tension in his jaw, the way his fists clenched at his sides as if he were holding back his own flood of emotions. The room around us seemed to shrink, the walls closing in as the weight of his words settled in my chest. Every breath felt like a struggle, the air thick with unspoken pain and shattered hopes.

"Damian, please..." I pleaded, my voice breaking with desperation as I reached out to him. He shook his head, his expression a mixture of sorrow and resolve, before pulling me up from the bed. "Chas..." he called out, the weight of his tone making me freeze in my tracks. His eyes, filled with a pain I had never truly acknowledged, locked onto mine. "I just need to figure out my feelings. I don't want to be hurt by loving you and knowing that those feelings will never be returned," he said, his voice trembling slightly as he turned and walked out of the room, leaving an echoing silence in his wake.