Another fight

I arrived ten minutes late, panting and slightly disheveled. "Hey, I'm here," I called out, trying to catch my breath. "Sorry I'm a little late."
      PJ smiled, happy to see me, but Bobby's expression was a stark contrast. "Glad you could finally make it," he said, sarcasm dripping from his voice.
   "Yeah, it took longer than expected," I replied, hoping to diffuse the tension.
     Bobby's eyes lingered on the marks Bradley had left on my neck. He didn't look surprised, but his silence spoke volumes. The weight of his unspoken judgment hung in the air, adding to the complexity of our already strained relationship.
       Sensing the tension, PJ pulled us both into a hug. "Alright, we're back together again. Let's go party!" he said with a cheerful smile. I returned his smile, and even Bobby's stern expression softened slightly.
     We skated and talked at the park for a while. Bobby mentioned he had a girlfriend but that they had broken up. "I didn't know you were dating someone," I said, genuinely surprised.
     "Maybe because you were busy with Jack," he retorted, spitting out Jack's name with disdain.
    "Bobby, we agreed not to bring him up," PJ interjected, his voice tinged with frustration. The weight of past conflicts hung heavy in the air.
    "No, no, no, I think we need to talk about him," Bobby said, his voice edged with anger and hurt. He looked at me, his eyes blazing with a mixture of betrayal and pain.
     "You told me to get back out there, and I did," I replied, my voice wavering.
     "Yeah, but not to forget about us," he shot back.
     "I said I was sorry. I'm trying to make it up to you guys. What more do you want?" I pleaded, desperation creeping into my tone.
    "Guys," PJ interjected, but we ignored him.
    "You know what? I would like to meet this 'Jack,' this person you deem more important than us," Bobby said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.
    "He's not," I insisted, trying to defend myself.
   "Yeah, fucking right," Bobby snarls, stepping closer until our chests almost touch. He jabs a finger into my chest with each word. "You spend all your time with him, and when you're not with him, it's Jack this, Jack that. Jack, Jack, Jack!" The intensity of his words hit me hard, the weight of our fractured friendship pressing down on me as I struggled to find the right words to make things right.
   "Guys," PJ interjects again, but his voice fades into the background, unnoticed.
    "He's got you wrapped around his finger," Bobby accused, his voice thick with resentment, his eyes boring into mine.
   "He does not," I shot back, stepping closer to him, my anger rising.
   "You literally just went to see him," he yelled, his frustration boiling over.
   "I-I-I..." I stammered, unable to find a suitable defense.
  "Oh, don't think I haven't noticed the marks, Max. They're all over you," he said, his voice filled with disgust, his gaze lingering on my neck and wrists.
   "He needs reassurance," I mumbled, my gaze dropping to the ground.
    "That's not healthy," Bobby countered, his voice softening but still firm. "You shouldn't have to be by his side for reassurance." His words hung in the air, heavy with concern and disappointment, making the rift between us feel even wider.
    "I don't want to hear it, Bobby," I said, looking back up at him defiantly.
     "Why do you always go for red flags?" he challenges, his voice sharp and unyielding.
     "Bobby," I warned, but he pressed on.
    "No, first Roxanne the cheater, and now a possessive guy named Jack," he said, his voice rising. "I want to meet him."
   My eyes widen in panic. "No," I breathe, barely audible.
   "Why not?" he yelled, his anger boiling over. "Is it because you're scared of what he'll think of us?"
    "Bobby, I'll tell you when I'm ready, but I can't let you meet him just yet,"I say, my voice trembling as I look back at the ground. The truth looms heavy on my lips: I can't tell them I've been seeing Bradley. I just can't.
       "Unbelievable," Bobby muttered. "Is his dick really that good that you're willing to be in another toxic relationship?"
      I flush, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks. "Bobby!" I hiss, my embarrassment mounting. "Am I wrong" he says crossing his arms.
    "Guys!" PJ interjected, and we turned to see him looking heartbroken. "Bobby, I told you not to bring it up!"
    Bobby's expression softened as he saw how upset PJ was. "I-I know, but we need answers," he said, his tone more subdued.
   "He'll tell us in time," PJ insisted, trying to calm the situation.
   I gave them a weak smile, grateful for PJ's support. Just then, we spotted Tank and Bradley skating over. My heart sank. Bobby and PJ immediately bristled, their posture defensive.
    "Why are you here?" Bobby demanded, his voice hard. "It's a public skate park. I'm allowed to be here," Bradley responded coolly.
    "Yeah, what he said," Tank echoed, smirking. "Let's go before we cause a scene," PJ urged, trying to diffuse the tension.
     We hesitated for a moment, the air thick with unresolved emotions, before slowly backing away, hoping to avoid further confrontation.
     "Oh, yeah, run away," Bradley taunted, sharing a laugh with Tank. Bobby and PJ skated off, and I followed them, feeling relieved to escape the tension.
    Bradley shot me a wink, and I couldn't help but blush. Damn it, Bradley, why do you have to be like this?
    "Hey, let's go to the Star Lounge and go party," Bobby suggested, glancing back at me with a smirk. "Is Jack going to let you stay out this long without giving him a goodnight kiss?"
   I smiled and rolled my eyes. "I think he'll manage," I replied, determined not to let Bobbys teasing get to me. But inside, my heart raced with conflicting emotions, unsure of where my loyalties truly lay.