In The Air

Short chapter, before a super long one.

Bianca tried to get comfortable in her seat, but it was proving to be impossible. They were on a long flight to Ibiza this week for SmackDown, and even though the private jet had some of the most luxurious seats possible, she couldn't concentrate with Jade sitting right next to her.

After their talk a few weeks ago, things had been awkward at first, but they fell back into their comfortable chemistry. Despite their attempt at maintaining a platonic relationship, Bianca still longed for Jade. And Jade didn't make it easy when they were in close proximity. Take now, for instance—Jade was sitting next to her in a cropped tank top with a deep cut down the middle, almost like she was just wearing a bra. And those distressed jean shorts, with Jade crossing and uncrossing her legs for no apparent reason, further tested Bianca's self control.

 And those distressed jean shorts, with Jade crossing and uncrossing her legs for no apparent reason, further tested Bianca's self control

Bianca heard Jade giggle. Apparently, while doing some promo on Twitter to attract more women to the sport, WWE had given them free tickets to pass out to women on social media. Jade's post for their Spain show attracted a lot of attention from many attractive women, but there was one woman in particular that made Bianca's skin crawl. She didn't know what was worse, Jade's shameless flirting or that alluring smile she secretly had hoped was meant just for her.

Bianca knew for a fact that Jade was DMing that girl at this very moment. She may or may not have peeked at Jade's phone. Another giggle from Jade made Bianca side-eye her hard. That girl wasn't that funny. She sighed and put on her Bose headphones, roughly turning towards the window.

---

They had been flying for over eight hours. Jade yawned as she put her phone down and stretched. She winced as she leaned back a little too hard, causing Bianca to stir. Bianca had fallen asleep a few hours ago, and it was clear she was exhausted.

Bianca, Jade thought, the woman she wanted so badly but couldn't have. It was torture. She was sincerely hurt when Bianca told her she didn't want to explore things between them. But she had to respect her wishes. Even though she wanted more, she took the friendship position instead of no position at all. She would play it until she had another chance to get what she wanted. Hopefully, that would be sooner rather than later. She could tell Bianca's restraint was shaky. She knew Bianca wasn't exactly happy with the new friends she was making. She couldn't help but smirk when Bianca abruptly turned in her seat earlier. She hadn't meant to make her jealous—that was an unexpected and comforting side effect that made Jade smile. She was just having fun. If Bianca wasn't ready, she needed to get some attention elsewhere.

Grabbing her wine glass and bringing it to her lips, Jade laid her head back on the headrest as she observed Bianca. It was her favorite thing to do. She watched as Bianca's chest slowly rose and fell, her light snores heard with each inhale. She noticed Bianca was shivering and had pulled her sweatshirt up a little around her neck. She was cold. Jade carefully got up and went to grab an extra blanket from the back of the plane. While she was there, she decided to top off her wine glass at the bar cart. She found Naomi already filling up her own glass.

"Hey, girl," Jade said.

"Jade! I miss you! Here, let's have a drink together," Naomi said, motioning for her to sit and talk after she poured her drink.

After they both had their drinks, they sat down at the seats with tables.

"So, are you excited about Ibiza?" Naomi asked.

"Girl, of course! I love the beach, and we get to stay here for a week? This is just the reason why I love my job. It always feels like a vacation."

"I know that's right." They slapped a high five before Naomi continued. "And I'm glad you love the beach because I rented out the most luxurious beach club for the divas to get together again tomorrow night."

Jade knew there was a reason she clicked with Naomi so easily; they had the same tastes. "That's what's up. You know I'm there," Jade said matter-of-factly as she took another sip of her wine.

Naomi looked at Jade curiously before asking her next question. "Do you think Bianca will come?"

Jade almost choked on her wine at the mention of Bianca's name. She had forgotten that she was supposed to be retrieving the blanket, to cover Bianca.

"Shit! Yeah, I think she'll come. Sorry, I have to get back to my seat," Jade said, standing up. As she started to walk back, she heard Naomi.

"You should tell her," Naomi said. Jade froze.

"Tell her what?" Jade played dumb as she turned around to face Naomi.

"Come on, Jade, I thought we were friends. I see the way you look at her. Everyone does."

Jade sighed and sat back down. "She knows."

Naomi's eyes widened with excitement as she leaned forward. "Alright, are you guys dating now? What's going on?"

Jade decided not to reveal too much about Bianca. "She turned me down," Jade said. Naomi's face showed genuine confusion.

"What? I mean—" Naomi started but was gently cut off by Jade.

"Nay, not to sound rude, but it's been a long day. Can we talk more later?"

Naomi nodded, deciding not to push her friend on the clearly uncomfortable topic.

With that, Jade took her glass and the blanket and returned to her seat. She gently unwrapped the blanket and laid it across Bianca, tucking her in softly. She then took her glass and resumed the position she had held before, indulging in her favorite pastime—watching over Bianca.