Wake Up Call

Kurro POV

Wednesday 15th, 2012

Coach had told us that we were scheduled for a last minute game. I groaned internally as he said that, knowing that we'd be going home late. I got even more annoyed when I found out that it was at the opposite team's school. The buses were ready in an hour and we were on our way to the city; I hadn't gotten that much sleep lately because of testing and practice so I took a quick nap in the bus. Little did I know, my teammates were unreliable bitches.

"Hello?"

A soft female voice woke me up, I was groggily and had drool all over my face. As I came to, I saw a pair of big brown eyes staring at me. I was taken aback at first then came to my senses as I realized the bus was empty and had stopped. "Shit! Where am I?", "You're at the school, sorry if I startled you but the driver found you here alone. Are you alright?". I felt my face heat up, "Uh yeah, I'm sorry I must've dozed off...can't believe those bastards left me here"I mumbled. She let out a chuckle, "It's alright, you're here for the volleyball game right? You're a player?". As I examined her with a clear mind, I realized that she was wearing a volleyball uniform, "yeah, I am, are you on the other team?" I asked "I am, Makoto Sero, I'm the captain actually" she said, extending her hand. I took it, her hand was soft and cold but also comforting. "Kuroo Tetsuro, also captain", she gave me a warm smile that made me feel tingly and warm inside.

"Nice to meet you, come on, we should head inside before they start without us" she said. I nodded, collecting my stuff and following her out the bus. I couldn't help but exclaim in shock as I saw the school; I've never heard of it before but the size of it makes me feel as if I was living under a rock. "Surprised? Yeah, we get that a lot. Welcome to Kitsune Academy, we're a boarding high school so that's why it's such a large campus" she said "uh thanks, it's a really nice place, I've never heard of it before...no offense!". She let out a laugh, "it's no problem, we don't like to expose ourselves to the public that much because of safety reasons" she said, opening the door for me. I thanked her and was met with an even bigger entrance hall, the place was decked out with glorious white pillars, double staircases, marble spotless flooring, and...a chandelier?!

"You really got it good here huh" I said admiring the room "It's nice when you see it for the first time, the third year you're here...it gets pretty boring", I heard the faintest bit of discouragement come from her. "You want something new?" I asked "I like the simple things, it might look nice on the inside but sometimes it's too much...I'm sorry, I don't mean to put this on you like this, the gym is this way". I stared at her as she walked off, she peaked my interest. I followed her into a large stadium with all round seating and a large court with the best net I've seen.

"Kurro!", I flinched as I recognized the voice of my coach. I turned and saw him walking towards me with a vein popping out his forehead. "You fell asleep on the bus?! Do you not know how embarrassing that is?!" he pointed a finger at me as I lowered my head "I'm sorry coach, it won't happen again" I said lowering my head "It better not, you're lucky their captain was kind enough to lead you in here" I tried looking around to see if I can find her and was shocked to see that she was still by my side...even more embarrassing but comforting. "It's not a problem sir, I'm happy to help" her voice had calmed my coach down which is something I've never seen someone do, but I gave her a thankful look which she noticed quickly. "I should go change, I'll see you on the court Kuroo!" she walked off, my eyes couldn't seem to leave her as she left. I think the thing that really got me was her hair, it was long, thick, and brown. Something about a girl with that hair...does something to me.

"Don't just stand there! Have some respect, go change with the rest!" I jumped at the sudden yelling again and rushed to the changing rooms. Coach might've ripped me a new one but I'm sure as hell going to rip a new one to every one of my teammates.