𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐀𝐧 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

┉ˏ͛ ༝̩̩̥͙ ⑅͚˚   ҉  ⑅͚˚ ͛༝̩̩̥͙ ˎ┉

Agnes enjoyed her morning walks, especially when accompanied by her best friend, Allie. The two friends walked side by side within the garden of the Palace. It was a beautiful morning, the sun rising over the horizon, casting a warm glow over the city.

"Yesterday was quite the adventure," Agnes said, breaking the comfortable silence. "I ended up spending most of my afternoon with a certain Bridgerton."

Allie raised an eyebrow. "Eloise Bridgerton? What happened?"

Agnes sighed, trying to come up with a lie. But she didn't want to lie to her best friend. "Well, I was visiting Vivian...and then we got into an argument over something stupid. So I left her apartment. Before I got into the carriage, I heard commotion in the alleyway. And there was Eloise."

Allie looked intrigued. "In an alleyway? That doesn't sound like a usual spot for a Bridgerton."

Allie sighed, clearly concerned. "I thought you were done with Vivian. After everything that happened in Scotland, I didn't think you'd see her again."

Agnes looked down, feeling the weight of Allie's words. "Vivian is only a mere distraction that I needed from the moment I stepped into London. I felt overwhelmed and Vivian was in London and yeah..."

"Look can we not talk about her." Agnes sternly looked at Allie. Allie nodded, sensing Agnes's discomfort. "Of course, we don't have to talk about her if you don't want to."

Agnes nodded, choosing her words carefully. "Anyways, she was in some sort of argument with her footman. It seemed she was on one of her investigative missions, trying to uncover the identity of Lady Whistledown. I decided to intervene, just to make sure she was safe."

Allie laughed softly. "That sounds like Eloise, always chasing after some mystery. But why did you stick around? You usually avoid getting involved in such things."

Agnes shrugged, feigning nonchalance. "I suppose I was curious. And maybe a bit concerned. She can be quite stubborn."

Allie gave her a knowing look. "Concerned, huh? It sounds like she's getting under your skin."

"Maybe a little," Agnes admitted reluctantly. "But she's also incredibly passionate and determined. It's hard not to admire that, even if she is infuriating at times."

Allie smiled. "Well, it seems like you had an interesting day, to say the least. Just be careful, Agnes. You have a lot at stake."

Agnes nodded, her thoughts drifting back to Eloise. "I know. I'll be careful."

As they approached the entrance of the palace garden, Agnes noticed a butler waiting with a letter. The butler handed it over, and Agnes's eyes widened in confusion.

"It's from Lord Bridgerton," Agnes said, still processing. "He's invited me to stay Aubrey Hall for a few days."

Allie raised her eyebrows, her curiosity piqued. "Lord Bridgerton, inviting you to his family's estate? This should be interesting."