𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐄𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐮𝐧 '𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞

┉ˏ͛ ༝̩̩̥͙ ⑅͚˚   ҉  ⑅͚˚ ͛༝̩̩̥͙ ˎ┉

Agnes stepped out of her room, clutching her favorite book, Poems of Sappho, against her chest. She was eager to start her day, her thoughts already drifting to the planned meeting with Eloise. As she made her way down the corridor, she noticed Brimsley, the Queen's ever-loyal right-hand man, standing at attention just outside her door.

"Brimsley," Agnes greeted him with a polite nod. "How may I help you?"

Brimsley, ever the picture of composure, inclined his head slightly. "Miss Stark, Her Majesty has requested your presence in the drawing room. If you would kindly follow me."

Agnes felt a small pang of anxiety but quickly masked it with a calm expression. "Of course," she replied, falling into step beside him.

As they walked, Agnes's mind raced with possibilities. The Queen rarely summoned her so directly, and it would be even more unusual for her mother to already be involved. What could this be about?

When they reached the drawing room, Brimsley stepped aside, holding the door open for her. Agnes entered the room with measured steps, her gaze sweeping across the elegant furnishings until it landed on the two women seated near the large window.

The Queen, regal and composed as always, was engaged in quiet conversation with Agnes's mother, who looked as if she had been in the middle of an intense discussion. Both women turned to look at her as she entered, the room falling silent for a brief moment.

"Your Majesty," Agnes curtsied, her tone respectful but not overly deferential. "Mother."

The Queen acknowledged her with a gracious nod, a faint smile on her lips. "Ah, Miss Stark. Do join us." She gestured to the empty seat beside her.

Agnes took her place next to the Queen, her book still in hand. She kept her expression neutral, though her heart pounded in her chest. The tension in the room was palpable, and she could feel her mother's eyes on her, scrutinizing her every move.

The Queen regarded Agnes with a keen gaze, her fingers lightly tapping the armrest of her chair. "I trust you are well this morning, Miss Stark?"

"Yes, Your Majesty. I am well," Agnes replied, her voice steady.

The Queen smiled faintly. "Good. I hope you've been finding London to your liking. I heard you've been struggling looking for a potential suitors. I have been discussing matters with your mother regarding your future. She speaks very highly of your potential."

Agnes managed to keep her composure, though the mention of suitors made her stomach turn. She decided to tread lightly but couldn't resist a touch of sarcasm to lighten the mood. "London has been...quite an experience, Your Majesty. As for suitors, well, I suppose I've developed a knack for keeping them at arm's length. Perhaps it's a hidden talent of mine."