𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬?

┉ˏ͛ ༝̩̩̥͙ ⑅͚˚   ҉  ⑅͚˚ ͛༝̩̩̥͙ ˎ┉

Most of the Bridgertons were all in the drawing room, with the two youngest siblings bickering over their snacks while Francesca was on the piano practicing her tunes. Anthony is reading the newspaper on the table. Madame Delacroix, the modiste, helps Lady Violet by choosing a color for Eloise's dress.

"There. You see?" Lady Violet spoke as she looked at the light blue color in her hand. "Lady Goring was quite taken with Eloise's dress last night, Madame Delacroix."

"She would keep saying how well it complemented her complexion. She said you reminded her of Daphne, dearest." Lady Violet spoke with a sweet tone as she spoke to Eloise, who happens to be reading her book.

"I'm not Daphne." Eloise continues to read her book. "You do know, Eloise, that you might enjoy the next ball if you, in fact, danced with someone. Meeting new people, it can be thrilling." Violet spoke to her daughter.

"Yes, it certainly seemed as though Anthony had a thrilling time. Swept away by many a nimble-footed young lady, brother?" Eloise turned to her brother and gave him a face.

Anthony looks up and says, "I can still barely feel my toes. I thought you ladies were taught to dance."

"I thought you gentlemen capable of a worthwhile conversation." Eloise remarked back. "How sad both of our hopes were dashed."

Anthony set his newspaper down, a teasing smile forming on his lips. "Ah, yes, Eloise. Speaking of dashed hopes and accidents, shall we discuss your little encounter with Agnes Stark?" Eloise's cheeks flushed slightly as she narrowed her eyes at her brother.

"It was hardly an encounter worth mentioning, brother." Anthony raised an eyebrow, his smile widening. "Not worth mentioning? From what I heard, it was quite the spectacle. You spilled her drink onto her dress, and from the looks of it, she was not happy about it." The room grew quiet as everyone turned their attention to Eloise. Francesca paused her piano playing, her curiosity piqued.

Eloise huffed, her tone defensive. "It was a simple misunderstanding, blown out of proportion by idle gossip."

Lady Violet, ever the peacekeeper, intervened gently. "Eloise, dear, we're not here to judge. But perhaps it's a reminder to be more mindful in the future. Agnes Stark is an important guest this season, after all." Eloise just huffed and rolled her eyes. She wouldn't dare change herself just because Agnes is some special guest the queen has invited from Scotland.

"Just because she's the queen's guest, she's shouldn't act the way she did. And she might had it coming." Eloise scoffed and continued to read her book.

Lady Violet just shook her head in disbelief.

Hyacinth sat down across from Eloise and said, "I think Eloise would make a brilliant diamond."