𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐤, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞?

┉ˏ͛ ༝̩̩̥͙ ⑅͚˚   ҉  ⑅͚˚ ͛༝̩̩̥͙ ˎ┉

"Let's toss a coin." Colin announced on who's getting the mallet first. Eloise complained, "Last year, we promised to let the youngest pick first."

"We pick based on alphabetical order." Anthony remarked. "That's the precedent." Eloise shot back.

Agnes heard Edwina whispered to her sister, "It's meant to be a game, is it not?"

Agnes reassured Edwina in a low hushed tone, "Trust me this is how the game works when you have multiple siblings."

"Everyone, please, now." Daphne stopped the Bridgerton siblings from bickering. "The only fair thing to do is to let our invited guests choose their mallets and strike first."

"Please, take your pick, Miss Edwina." Anthony let Edwina choose her Mallet.

Then Kate was next, she grabbed the black mallet. And everyone in the group looked at Anthony expect for Agnes and the Sharmas sisters. "The mallet of death." Eloise said in a wincing tone.

"Would you look at that, brother?" Benedict chuckled.

"Is this yours?" Kate asked with evident smirk on her face. "Not at all, you're welcome to it." Anthony replied with a force smile.

Colin complained, "You threatened to beat me last time I touched—" Anthony cut him off, "You exaggerate."

Agnes couldn't help but laugh at the brothers bickering. "You guys remind me of my brothers when they fight over certain swords, when fencing."

Kate then asked Anthony, "Are you the superstitious sort? I know some men cannot perform without their familiar tools...like a child with a blanket." Kate smirked at Anthony.

Anthony scoffed while the rest of the group laughed out loud. "I can play perfectly well with any mallet. I wish you the best luck."

"Your turn Agnes, grab your mallet of choice." Daphne then turned to face Agnes.

Agnes surveyed the mallets, a mischievous smile playing on her lips. "Mmm, I'll go with the yellow one." She reached out and grabbed it, hearing a groan from Eloise.

"What? Is this yours, Miss Bridgerton?" Agnes teased, twirling the mallet in her hand.

Eloise's eyes were drawn to Agnes's hands, watching the way she expertly spun the mallet. For a moment, she found herself mesmerized by the graceful, almost playful movements. She quickly caught herself, her cheeks flushing slightly as she looked away, hoping no one had noticed her lapse in composure.