004. 𝓪 𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓯𝓸𝓸𝓵𝓼

⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺

      Ahma approaches the training ground, her eyes scanning the open field. She notices that her team was already there, resting in the center of the forest clearing. It seemed she was not the only one late, Kakashi was nowhere to be seen. It puzzled her since he'd left the house before her.

As she emerged from the forest, Ahma's sharp eyes caught sight of a lone tree at the field's edge. With a swift movement, she made her way closer and gracefully landed on one of its lower branches. Hidden from view, Ahma observed her teammates lounging around, oblivious to her silent presence above.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Ahma gave up on her sensei's attendance. She released a soft sigh, leaning back against the sturdy tree trunk, feeling its rough bark against her skin as she closed her eyes.

Unbeknownst to Ahma, her teammates unconsciously followed suit, mirroring her actions by relaxing against the grass and trees nearby.

~3 years earlier~

Hearing the jingle of keys, Ahma presses herself against the bars, catching sight of a guard escorting a severely injured Kenzo. A gasp escaped her lips at the sight of him, his body covered in cuts, a black eye, and bruised ribs, struggling to walk.

"Kenzo..." She whispers in shock, torn between relief at his survival and horror at his condition.

The guard roughly pushes Kenzo into the cell, causing him to collapse onto the dirt floor. Without hesitation, Ahma hurried to the cell's opening, reaching out her hand to touch his.

"It's okay..." he wheezes quietly.

Riku rose from his cot and approached the barred window, drawing Ahma's attention as her own cell door creaked open. Startled, she recoils, questioning the guard's actions.

"What are you doing?" Riku protests. "She's not ready, she hasn't finished her training yet." Despite his one-sided argument, the guard pulls Ahma out of her cell, prompting her silent, fearful resistance.

As Ahma was dragged away, Kenzo, fueled by desperation, pushed himself up.  "No, take me! I'll fight in her stead!" He pleads, reaching through the bars.

Kenzo's shouts fall on deaf ears as the guard continued to lead Ahma down the corridor, leaving behind a frustrated Riku who vented his anger by hitting the wall before sitting down, his worry evident as he ran his fingers through his hair in distress.

~Present day~

Ahma awakens abruptly, a sense of danger prickling at her senses. In a swift motion, she fumbles for her kunai knife, the cold steel meeting the intruder's throat before her eyes even flutter open. Yet, before she can fully comprehend the situation, her wrist is seized in a firm grip.

Her gaze meets that of her sensei, a look of mild surprise mirrored in his eyes. "You..." Ahma gasps, her heart racing in her chest. "Me..." he responds, a hint of amusement dancing in his voice at the unexpected turn of events.

As Kakashi releases her wrist, he gracefully rises and descends to join the rest of his students, the tension of the moment dissipating as quickly as it had arisen.

Ahma joins them soon after.

"Guess who finally decided to grace us with their presence," Sakura taunts, her gaze fixed on Ahma. Ahma casually dismisses Sakura's remark, yet the undercurrent of irritation lingers due to her teammates' incessant bickering.