Chapter 24- Almost crowned King

Amar was holding Ayanika's hand. He was rubbing them furiously to give her he warmth required. Devsena was rubbing her other hand. Akanksh was trying hard to stop the excess blood flow from the wound. Just then Raj Vaidya arrived with his assistant, and asked all of them to leave the room. Amar was walking out of the room slowly, as he could not bear the loss of his sister. Just as he was about to fall, Akanksh caught him and took him outside. Devsena slowly followed them. Akanksh helped Amar take the support of a pillar and stood next to him. He was trying hard to not let tears flow out of his eyes, as he had to give emotional support. Devsena came near broken Amar whose eyes were letting tears flow freely. He was in deep thought. Devsena hugged him to calm him down. He slowly wrapped his arms around Devsena.

Devsena- Whatever happened, was not your fault. It happened by mistake please don't blame yourself.

Amar- (looks into her eyes) But I gave Ayu Akhand Vachan to not let any harm come on her. I broke this vow myself.

Just as Devsena was about to say something, a voice came from the background.

Voice- It's good that you realise your mistake.

All of them turned to see whose voice it was. None of them were surprised to see the person.

Bijjaladeva- But you have to correct it somehow. What will the people say, that a person who can not keep vows became the king?

Devsena- He did not break any vow, he upheld his vow of protecting my honor which he is still doing.

Akanksh- Also during the Kalkeya war, as I heard from Ayanika he was about to follow Ma Sivagammi's vow of killing Inkoshi in the similar manner as she said.

Bijjaladeva- But what is the use of those vows when he couldn't keep the easiest of the easiest one. People won't look a persons achieevements but will point out the mistakes he committed. So he needs to do something about it.

Just as Akanksh and Devsena were about to counter Bijjaladeva, Amar raised his hand.

Amar- (looks determined) I have decided to rectify this mistake and I will rectify it.

Just as he is about to leave, the Raj Vaidya comes out of the room. Everyone except Bijjaladeva looked at him with hopeful eyes.

Raj Vaidya- (looking everyone with a relaxed face and smile) Rajkumari is out of danger, but she might regain consciousness by tomorrow morning as the sword which wounded her had Kalimudra poison on it. If I had arrived few minutes late then it would have been impossible to save her as the wound would have healed but the poison would have surely killed her. The poison is not strong but if the sword had made more then one cut on her body, then poison would have become lethal and she would not survive at all.

Amar- Thank you Raj Vaidya ji, can we go and meet her?

Raj Vaidya- Only one person is allowed to stay with her.

Amar looks at Akanksh. Akanksh understands the meaning and bows his head.

Akanksh- Before that I want to perform the last rites of my father.

Amar nods and Akanksh leaves to perform the last ritees of his dad.

Amar- Can you come with me to Ma Sivagammi's room?

Raj Vaidya nods. Devsena holds Amar's hand. He turns to look at her.

Devsena- Please don't take any drastic decisions that will hurt in the future.

Amar sqeezes her hand with his other hand to give her assurance and leaves towards Sivagami's room with Raj Vaidya. Bijjaladeva just follows them.

In courtyard,

Akanksh is performing the last rites of his dad. He eyes are filled with tears. He remembering all the bitter-sweet memories he had with him. After finishing the final few rites, he lights the pyre. The Panditji comes near him and hands him a red Raksha Mouli. Akanksh looks at him confused.

Panditji- Tie this Raksha Mouli to the other person close to your heart, as they might have danger looming over their head all the time.

Akanksh- (looks at him shocked) but how do you, Panditji?

Panditji- Beta, I can read any person's face and understand what they are thinking. I had this Raksha Mouli with from the time I meditated in Shashtashringa-Van. It was given to me by Guru who said give it to the person who you feel requires it more. I feel you require it more than me. (Smiles)

Akanksh- Thank you Panditji (he does pranaam)

Panditji- Ayushman Bhava, Yashsavi Bhava!

After sometime the fire calmed down, and Akanksh gathered the ashes of his dad in urn. Then he along with the Pandit to Jeeva River and immersed the ashes in the river. After coming back to the palace, he cleaned himself up. After wearing fresh clothes, he went towards Ayanika's room.

In room

He sat on the right hand side of Ayanika and tied the Raksha Mouli on her right wrist.

Akanksh- I hope this Mouli protects you from all the dangers you are going to face in your life ahead, Ananta.

He starts pacing in the room as he did not want to sleep, if Ayanika wakes in the night then who will inform the other people.