Chapter 15- Laying a trap

In Kuntal,

Kumar Verma was not able to sleep as he was thinking about today's incident again and again.

Kumar- How was I able to cut the log into half? How did this magic even happen? Was it due to me? Or was it due to that man?

After turning sides on the bed, he went to the balcony to see the moon. He was admiring it's brightness when he heard the princess's voice behind him.

Princess- What are you doing over there Verma?

Kumar- Nothing Princess, I was not able to get some sleep.

Princess- Were you thinking about today's incident?

Kumar- (absent-mindedly) Yes... I mean no... I

Princess- You mean Yes.

Kumar nods his head.

Princess- I am happy seeing this change in you. I am still not able to believe that you cut the log in half.

Kumar- (whispering) Me too...

Princess- Did you say something?

Kumar- nothing princess.

Princess- Can you do that miracle again?

Kumar- Huh?

Princess- I want you to cut the log again.

Kumar- But...

Princess- This my order, now will you be able to do it?

Kumar- (nervously) Yes

They bring the sword and log in the room. Kumar picks up the sword and starts praying to Lord Parmeshwara. Just then Amar and Kattapa enter the room. Kattapa was holding plate full of fruits in his hand.

Kattapa- (almost running) Rukh jayiye Prabhu, Rujh jayiye (stops infront of him) aap jaisa veeron ke veer jo karya subah karte hai who sham ko dauraya toh anarth ho jaega Prabhu. Aap toh yeh jaante hi honge?

Kumar- (smiles) Yes, I know. (gives the Sword to Amar) I just forgot. Thank you for reminding me on time. (puts his hand on Kattapa's shoulder)

The princess glares at Kattapa. Kattapa quietly moves to a side, and let's Kumar's hand slide off his shoulder.

Princess- In the morning we need to go for hunting.

Kumar- Why!

Princess- Wild Boars...

Kumar- I hate boars.

Princess-Not boars, wild boars

Kumar- I hate that too.

Princess- The farmers complain that they destroy their fields. (looks at Amar) Bring him also.

Amar almost hugs Kattapa. Kattapa shrugs him off-

Kattapa- The thing is Princess, he runs away even looking at a mouse. Why is he being taken for hunting?

Princess- What will he learn by sitting in the kitchen? If he comes along then only we will know, for which he will be able to do. Bring him along .

And then she leaves the room.

In Mahishmati,

Vishesh Van

Sivagammi and Jagath left for their royal palaces taking their troops with them. Kavi and Renu had already built a and decorated cottage near the Mahadev temple. They also left after setting things for Akanksh and Ayanika.

Ayanika is sitting on the bed inside the cottage. She was just reminiscing the events of the night, when she felt a hand on her feets. She looked up to see it was Akanksh who was tying beautiful anklets on her right ankle. It was made out of gold with the symbols of Prayagirajyam engraved on it.