2: Void

When I woke up, I felt weightless, as if I were floating. A voice greeted me, saying, "Hey there, child." Startled, I replied, "Hello?" But all I heard in response was a mysterious giggle echoing in the emptiness.

"Welcome to the Void, where all things started here!" In response, I felt confused and tried to take in everything happening around me.

"Void?!" I exclaimed.

"Yes, dear, you are here because another life in another world is waiting for you," the Void responded.

"Another life in another world?" I replied, still trying to make sense of it all.

"You came here because you deserve it."

As memories flashed through my mind, I pondered my existence. Was I dead? There was no time for such thoughts. A whole new world awaited me, and I couldn't afford to hesitate.

"Then, I want it," I replied.

"If that's what you want, then close your eyes and repeat it," the Void instructed.

I did as told and shouted the words. After that, I felt warmth and moisture around me. As I opened my eyes, all I could see was green and a big leaf above me. As I looked around, I realized that I was half-buried in soil and unable to move.

A puddle lay before me, reflecting my image at me. To my shock, I saw that I had transformed into a potato! Confused and panicked, not expecting to be turned like this and expecting a good life in human form, I tried to understand what was happening. I looked at the surrounding vegetables and questioned why this had happened to me. Despite my efforts, I couldn't free myself from the soil.

 Despite my efforts, I couldn't free myself from the soil