4: Rebirth

As we joined on a journey to meet the Mage, we quickly stopped at the farm field where her parents worked. Elica needed to ask for their consent before continuing on our adventure.

 Elica needed to ask for their consent before continuing on our adventure

"Bye Pap, Bye Ma!" she called out.

Her parents waved from a distance and said, "Be safe."

With a broad smile, Elica turned to me and said, "Shall we go?"

"Let's Go!" I replied eagerly.

As we walked through the broad, sprawling fields filled with various plant species, fruits, and vegetables, I couldn't help but ask Elica about her town.

"Hey, where exactly are we?" I inquired.

"Oh, I completely forgot to mention! We're in Casib, which falls under the Friyas Kingdom in the Sol Continent. This place is extraordinary because it's the kingdom's sole source of Essential Crops for food and production that are traded," she explained.

"That's pretty incredible! And you mentioned a continent, right? How many continents are there?" I questioned.

"Well, there are at least five continents: The Sear, Ind, Taurt, Ail, and Sol. Each of them has its kingdoms or domains. But we're the biggest and oldest continent," she proudly shared.

"Wow, that's fascinating! What about the people?" I asked as I basked in the sunlight.

"There are so many different races in this world. Dwarves and gnomes primarily lead Ind; the Sear has elves, Taurt as humans, and the rest have a mix of races. It's a true reflection of our diversity here and elsewhere. I can't recall all the details about the other races," she mentioned.

"That's interesting. Your being a Half-elf and Human reminds me of my favorite anime back on Earth. Say, are there any places here where one can learn new things or develop skills?" I inquired.

"Do you mean like a school? We have the Casib Academy, where I'm in my 2nd year," she stated.

"What's the academy specialized in, by the way?" I asked.

"It depends on the field you're interested in specializing in. For me, I'm fascinated by Familiars. I can summon Uni, but it takes a lot of effort to do so," she revealed.

As I reminisced, the school journey seemed familiar, reminiscent of the past school system. On our way to the Mage house, we passed a magnificent building elements of a church.

 On our way to the Mage house, we passed a magnificent building elements of a church