Chapter 2: The Forgotten Uchiha Project

Two days later, Team 7 reached for the base. After the group had some training and mishaps, they were hesitant to even go inside of it, not primarily because of the smell. "Ugh... This place stinks." Sarada said as she stepped several feet away from the smell. "I agree here. What died in there?." Ren said as then Ren held his nose as the others did the same, "Well... We have to go in and scout out the base, team." Konohamaru said as he went inside the cave, followed by Mitsuki and Boruto, while Ren went over to Sarada to get her inside. "We have to go, Sarada. I don't want to force you, but I don't want to leave you alone out here," he said as Sarada took a minute or two to think about it. Then she groaned and held her nose more, and she grabbed Ren's hand and got a good grip on it. "Ease up, Sarada," Ren said as he felt some small bones cracking. Sarada didn't care at the moment, and she led Ren inside the cave so the two could catch up with their team; once they caught up, the team came to a halt as standing in front of them was a set of metal doors "So... Any suggestions, team." Konohamaru said as he looked happy, his hands on his hips, wondering what his team would do. "We could blast it open?." Boruto suggested, but while they talked about what to do, Sarada spotted something on the wall next to the doors and approached it. "We could try and force it open," Mitsuki suggested, but then Boruto and Mitsuki looked at Ren to see what he thought. "I suggest we just watch Sarada," Ren said as everyone looked at Sarada as she held a lever on the wall. "Or we could just open it like this," Sarada said as she pulled down the lever, and the doors started to split apart, opening up. "Yes... Well... Good Work Sarada." Konohamaru said as Konohamaru tried not to be surprised by the options, like Boruto and Mitsuki, but Ren couldn't help but snicker at them. Then he entered the base along with Sarada as the automated lights started flickering.

Back in Konoha and at the Senju residence, Tsunade had a knock at her door and it was only after ten in the morning "Now who could that be?." she spoke to herself as she opened up the front door "Yes, who is..." she couldn't finish her sentence as she got a surprise of the lifetime "What... What are you doing here Ryota..." she said as Ryota walked in and hugged Tsunade, Ryota is thirty-five years old and is the son of Hasato Hyuga who was the younger brother of Hiashi and Hizashi Hyuga and Tsunade Senju, born from a union that sought to unite the power and traditions of both lineages raised in the heart of Konoha, Ryota learned to balance the disciplined precision of the Hyuga clan's Byakugan with the formidable vitality of the Senju bloodline, Ryota embodies the stoic grace of Hasato Hyuga and the unwavering determination of Tsunade Senju, he is a wise, patient, and gentle soul who values honor, integrity, and family above all else despite facing loss and hardship, Ryota remains a pillar of strength and guidance for his children. "Well... I came to see my beloved Mother," he said as just behind were three kids playing in the front yard. Tsunade leaned to her left and saw them. "Are... Are they..." she said as she couldn't believe what she saw. "Your grandkids... Yip," he said as Tsunade's eyes widened. She and Ryota walked back out of the house so Tsunade could see them correctly. "Where's their Mother?." Tsunade asked as Ryota showed a sad expression. "She... She passed away four months ago, Mom," he said. Tsunade was surprised and placed her hand on her son's shoulder. "Tell me about her before you tell me about those three rugrats," she said as her nickname for her grandkids made Ryota chuckle a bit. "Well... her name was Akira Sato... Akira was a skilled kunoichi from Kirigakure whom we met during her diplomatic mission return from Sunagakure. It was love at first sight, Mom, leading to a deep and lasting bond, but then she succumbed to illness." he said as tears were falling from his eyes. Tsunade wiped his tears away, and then she turned to see her grandkids. "Did you see the Hokage yet, Ryota?." she asked as Ryota shook his head. "No, I said to the guards I'd see you first, just they couldn't believe I'm your son," he said as the two looked at each other and then laughed a bit.

They stopped laughing. "Plus, I got no one to look after them. Even if Hiroto acts mature, he still has much to learn." Ryota said as Tsunade smiled. "Oh, I just know that two families are going to have a heart attack," she said as she giggled. Then she looked down and saw twin girls. Haruka Senju is gentle, empathetic, and gifted with a talent for healing arts. She carries on her mother's nurturing spirit, tending to injured comrades and offering comfort in times of need. Mio Senju is mischievous, spirited, and curious about the world around her. She inherited her father's sense of adventure and her mother's resilience, making her a dynamic and unpredictable force as the girls looked up at Tsunade with their brown eyes and reddish-brown hair "Well... I can tell they have their Mother's hair and our eyes son." she said as the girls were looking at Tsunade with puzzling expressions their expressions changed to lit up eyes and bright smiles "YAY IT'S GRANDMA." they both said in unison as the twins hugged Tsunade but Tsunade was a little startled but she smiled and hugged them back then she noticed the eldest child Hiroto coming over then he stopped and looked up at Tsunade as she stood back up with the six-year-old twins in her arms "And you must be Hiroto." she said with a caring smile on her face and Hiroto nodded, Hiroto is twelve-years-old he is adventurous, courageous, and determined to live up to his parent's legacy, he idolizes his father's strength and his mother's compassion, striving to embody the best of both worlds, Hiroto inherited his father's Byakugan and Senju vitality, excelling in taijutsu and chakra techniques his keen intellect and quick reflexes make him a promising young shinobi with great potential.