Chapter 20

Anemone was about to open her mouth, but instantly shut it. Stop, think, don't lash out immediately, Anemone thought. "How is our secret weapon coming along?" Blister asked. "Wonderfully!" Coral said. She then pat a talon on Tsunami's head a couple times, and the young Dragonet rolled her eyes. "Why don't we show you? Whirlpool, come along," Coral said. Secret weapon, huh? Well, I'd better find out about that, Anemone thought. Anemone then began to get out of her seat and follow Blister and the SeaWings. "You can skip this, dear, I'm sure it won't interest you," Coral said. "I'd like her to come, please?" Tsunami asked. Which was a first since Anemone met her. "I'm sure it will be very interesting," Anemone said. She didn't really mean that, but she did wonder what 'the secret weapon' was. "Please?" Anemone asked. "Very well," Coral said. She then glanced at the other four. "But not the others."
Anemone, Tsunami, Queen Coral, Blister, and Whirlpool flew into a room, probably Tsunami's 'training room'. "May I?" Whirlpool asked. "You may," Coral said. Whirlpool then took the pearl necklace around Queen Coral's neck, and put in on the room floor. "Alright, see if you can return it to your mother's neck. . ." Whirlpool said. What?  Is he talking to Tsunami? What kind of weapon does that? Anemone thought. "Do I have to? It seems like a waste," Tsunami said. "Practicing is never a waste," Whirlpool said. "But I don't want to end up like Albatross," Tsunami worried. "He made an entire pavilion grow from stone before he went mad, the necklace, please," Whirlpool said. Suddenly, Queen Coral's necklace lifted into the air, and went back around Coral's neck, and Anemone realized. "Oh my gosh! Tsunami! You're an animus!" Anemone exclaimed. "I know," Tsunami slightly growled. But it didn't seem she was growling at Anemone, more like, a certain SeaWing, Whirlpool. "We've had a few in past royal generations, but Tsunami hatched just in time to win this war," Coral said. "Careful," Blister said. "Why? It's easy to easy to guess, an animus would be useful in battle," Coral said. "Yes, watch this, Tsunami, catch it with a spear!" Whirlpool exclaimed. In moments, Tsunami got the spear in mid-air, and had it stab the shield. "Impressive, but not much more than what I saw last time, what about bigger objects? How much longer must she train?" Blister asked. "I'm sure she's nearly ready- "Years, lots of years," Tsunami said. "Coral- "Let's talk privately," Coral said, "Anemone, Tsunami, stay here."
Coral and Blister went to the other side of the room, probably to make sure Anemone and Tsunami couldn't hear them, Tsunami began to make another spear float. . . "Oh no, I've lost control of the spear!" Tsunami exclaimed. The spear then went crashing through a tunnel. "Oh no, Whirlpool, look out, oops," Tsunami said sarcastically. "Did you do that on purpose?" Anemone asked. "Of course, it'll take him a while to get back, he'll go find the spear first," Tsunami explained. Tsunami began to climb up to where Anemone was. "This is what you have to save me from!" Tsunami said. "Boring lessons with Whirlpool?" Anemone asked. "No!" Tsunami snapped. Tsunami calmed down, and Anemone tried to change the subject. "Who is Albatross?" Anemone asked. "Prince Albatross was a hero at first," Tsunami said. Prince Albatross? So he's one of my ancestors? Anemone thought in surprise. "They didn't know about the price of magic then, every time he used his power, he lost a bit of himself," Tsunami said, "But then, he built the pavilion."
"It turned him evil. . ."
Tsunami turned to Anemone with her pupils dilated. "Blister wants me to cave in the SkyWing palace," Tsunami said, "She wants me to curse a spear to find Burn's heart and not stop until it kills her"
"What if doing any of that makes me lose myself too?"
"Anemone, what can I do? Can you help me?"
Anemone turned to the SeaWing dragonet. "Of course I will," Anemone said, "And you can do something, by making lots of mistakes, pretend like you aren't ready for as long as you can,"
"Mistakes! Of course! Thank you, Anemone," Tsunami said. Anemone and Tsunami had a nice hug, until it was interrupted by a creeeeeeaaak at the top, Anemone noticed something was moving up there, something big.