Chapter Fourteen: The Embarrassing Day

As the sun rose over the small town of Cabot, Arkansas, Alex's mom gently lifted him out of his bed and carried him to the car. She was determined to get him dressed and ready for school, despite the fact that he still had no clothes to his name.

Alex looked around at his surroundings, feeling a sense of embarrassment wash over him. He was still wearing his diaper, and it was a bright pink Barbie-themed one. He hated being seen in public like this, and he knew that his friends would tease him mercilessly if they saw him like this.

As they drove to the Park Plaza Mall on University in Little Rock, Alex's mom tried to distract him from his discomfort. She chatted with him about his favorite TV shows and movies, but Alex just sat there in silence, feeling embarrassed and ashamed.

When they arrived at the mall, Alex's mom took him straight to Dillard's, Abercrombie and Fitch, GAP, and Baby GAP. She loaded up their arms with clothes, including some regular 14-year-old boy clothes that Alex was excited to see.

But as they made their way out of the stores, Alex's mom couldn't help but notice that he was still wearing his diaper. She looked down at him with a mixture of concern and embarrassment. "Alex, we need to get you some underwear," she said gently.

Alex looked up at her with a scowl on his face. "I don't want underwear," he said stubbornly. "I'm 14 years old. I want boxers like other boys."

But his mom just shook her head. "Not yet, Alex. You wet the bed at night, and you're not mature enough for boxers yet. We need to get you some training underwear."

Alex felt a surge of anger and frustration. He didn't want to wear training underwear like a baby. He wanted to be like other boys, with real underwear that didn't have cartoon characters on them.

But his mom just ignored his protests and took him straight to Walmart. They filled up their cart with all sorts of cartoon-themed underwear, including Paw Patrol, Bubble Guppies, Mickey Mouse, Star Wars, Go Diego Go, Toy Story, SpongeBob, and more.

As they stood in the aisle, Alex's mom holding up a pair of SpongeBob SquarePants underwear, Alex felt a sense of despair wash over him. He hated being seen in public like this, and he knew that his friends would never let him live it down.

But his mom just smiled and put the underwear in their cart. "These will be great for you," she said brightly.

As they checked out and headed back to the car, Alex felt a sense of embarrassment wash over him. He was still wearing his diaper, and now he had a bunch of silly underwear to go with it.

He looked down at himself with disgust and shame. Why couldn't he just be like other boys? Why did he have to wear diapers and training underwear?

As they drove back to Cabot, Alex's mom tried to reassure him that everything would be okay. But Alex just sat there in silence, feeling embarrassed and ashamed.

He knew that he would have to face his friends at school tomorrow, wearing his diaper and training underwear. And he knew that they would tease him mercilessly.

But for now, he just sat there in silence, feeling like the biggest outcast in the world.