Chapter 15

"Where are you?" He said softly, looking at her picture.

He touched her face and kissed the phone screen. He then played her voice recording in the speakers of his car and drove away.

He felt like he was born again after the woman didn't turn out to be Annie.

He had felt so bad for the prostitute. Looking at her trembling and scared, his chest felt a pang. He used to be usually high or drunk when he went to such places. Although to his memory, he didn't remember doing anything against anyone's will as those women usually drooled over him. But it was still the most regretted thing in his life.

He felt so bad for the woman that he bought her by paying a huge amount of money. Her parents had died, and her relatives had sold her. She was in a heavy debt, too. So she had to work there forcefully. He bought a small apartment for her and gave her a decent job at the company. He even asked her if there was anyone else working there without their will. But it was only her.

It was enough wait for him. He decided to track her down with the help of a private investigator. He hired the best one in the country and gave him the details.

" It won't be very easy to find her. Especially if they had left the country." The detective said.

Jungkook's face color faded.

" What? Why would they leave the country?"

" You said they were poor, always indebted. The mother and the grandmother belonged to India. They disappeared all of a sudden. You asked the neighborhood, and they knew nothing at all about their sudden departure. In most of such cases, people usually leave the country to save their heads from the lenders. In their case, they most likely relocated to India. Wherever the mother lived."

He looked at Jungkook's horrified face and let out a forced laugh and said,

" Hey, it's just a guess. I am just preparing you for the worst-case scenario. "

Jungkook sighed heavily.

"Can't we find her in India?"

" Well, do you know where her mother lived in India?"

Jungkook shook his head.

" Then we would not be able to find her."

He looked at Jungkook, who looked extremely upset.

"Hey, do not lose hope. Let's just pray she is in the country itself. I'll do everything in my power to find her." The guy reassured him.

Jungkook smiled faintly at him and went away.

"I know I will find you one day." He said to her picture while sitting in his car. He tried to reassure himself and stay positive.

" It's just a small possibility. I know she's here somewhere. I know it."

He reached the hybe building. He went inside the elevator when he heard a woman's voice screaming to stop the elevator from closing. He quickly pressed the button for her. The woman entered, causing his eyes to widen in not just surprise but also hope and happiness.

"Perry?" He said, almost screaming her name.

Perry looked at his surprised face.

"Yeah? Missed me?" She asked.

She had left the company after Miley had regained her position as his secretary. She was Annie's cousin. She had earlier denied knowing Annie's whereabouts or her number, but he hoped she must know something now. He quickly asked her about Annie and her parents without wasting any time.