The Desolation of Smaug - Chapter One

(Legolas POV)

The leaves were starting to change. Autumn was here. As I walked through the forest my heart felt heavy. I was lonely among the trees. Once I returned back to the palace my father summoned me. 

"I've received reports of spiders in the forest. Deal with it." Of course he was sending me to deal with this again. I obeyed. 

"Yes father." I began to turn but my father's words made me stop.

"Take Tauriel and the rest of her guard with you." Tauriel? Of all elves? 

"Father I believe Tauriel is more fit for protecting the palace than killing spiders."

"You will do as I say Legolas." I remained silent, staring at the ground. "Do I have your assurance that you will bring Tauriel with you?"

"Yes father." I walked down the hall, keeping my head down. I didn't hate Tauriel but she was simply a captain of the guard. She was good at her job but it was nothing more than a relationship based off occupation. As I reached her room I knocked on her door. "Tauriel, my father requires you get your guard together to help kill spiders that are nesting in the forest." Her door opened and she nodded. She grabbed her weapons and the two of us walked down to her guard. She started shouting orders.

"Ilphin! Am! Ungol fara hi!" (Everyone! Up! Spider hunt now!) Her soldiers leapt up, grabbing their weapons while speaking in near unison.

"No hothron!" (Yes captain!) We set out to the forest, ready to hunt the spiders. We went deep into the forest, following the web trails.