The Two Towers - Chapter Twelve

Ladders were placed along the wall. I ran to cut the ones in our area but as soon as I did more appeared. I continued to hack through monsters, attempting to make as much of a dent in the numbers as possible. Not even an hour in, the most dangerous weapon of all came into play. It was a creature running with a torch in hand towards the drain area. Legolas hit it twice but it refused to die. All at once the wall I was standing on blew to smithereens. I screamed as I fell to the ground. I rolled out of the way of falling pieces of the wall, only to be tossed into the fray of more monsters. I sheathed my sword and summoned as much light as I could. I let it explode into the monsters, delaying their advance for a few precious minutes. Now I was stuck running on adrenaline and the moment that faded I would be most likely be dead. Estel was a few feet away, pushing himself up and rubbing his head. I ran over and hauled him up.

"Ready Estel?" 

"Never."

"Well you have to be. For Arwen." Estel whispered softly to himself. 

"For Arwen." We rushed forward, attempting to slaughter as many stunned brutes as we could. Estel led a charge of elves into the fight and I kept hacking at anything that tried to kill me. As we fought I heard Théoden King.

"Aragorn, pull back to the gate!" Aragorn shouted out commands to the elves. He dragged Gimli back to the keep who protested. As I ran up the stairs I saw a monster behind Haldir. He could not see it. I pulled one of the knives from my shirt and threw it. It landed in the monster and it sunk to the ground.

"Haldir! Run!" Haldir turned and saw the dead creature. He ran back to the keep, helping any of his men that he could. As I ran I noticed someone backed into a corner with a creature standing over them. I pulled a knife from my boot and threw it. The monster dropped dead and I saw the figure was Legolas. "Legolas!" He was hardly conscious and there was a massive wound on his leg. I ran over and lifted him onto my shoulder. We stumbled into the keep and I found Héolida. I shouted, the blood pounding in my ears. 

"Héolida! Help! He is injured."

"Hand him over. I'll see to him." I could feel my adrenaline. I tried to keep talking to stay awake and alert.

"Is there anything I can do? Anythi-" My legs gave out and the world turned black.