𝟏

"yeah, we're leaving in like 20, probably." summer said.

she was on the phone with conrad fisher, susannah's son. her mother's best friend.

"oh nice. yeah." conrad replied.

"you good?" summer asked.

"oh, yeah, i'm fine." he responded. "i rolled us a blunt for after dinner."

summer smiled, although conrad couldn't see it. "nice."

"thought you'd be happy to hear that." conrad smirked.

"oh i'm very happy." she assured.

he let out a chuckle. "okay, i'll see you when you get here. bye, sums."

"bye, connie."

they then hung up their phone call and summer continued packing.

she was basically done, she just needed to hide her own weed from her mother.

laurel didn't know she had it and also didn't know she'd be sharing with conrad who also shared with her.

once she was done, she grabbed her bags and left her room to take them down to her car.

"hey, big sis." a voice sang.

she turned to see taylor, her sister belly's best friend, standing behind her.

"hey, tay." she greeted.

"you excited for cousins?" taylor raised her eyebrows.

"always am." summer nodded.

"good. your sister is excited to see conrad, per usual. i have her some clothes that he'll love on her. she needs to show herself off, she got hot." taylor ranted.

"that she did." sumner replied. "i'm sure conrad will like it no matter what she wears."

"yeah, but he's gonna like it even more now that she's hot as fuck. anyway, i gotta go, i have a date in a little bit, but i'll see you for belly's birthday." taylor nodded with a smile.

"yeah, see you then. bye, taylor." summer waved.

"bye, big sis." taylor sang.

taylor then blew her a kiss before leaving the house.

summer let out a breath and went to load her belongings in her car.

she was almost finished when laurel and steven came out of the house.

"where's bells?" she asked.

"still inside packing." laurel huffed. "why are you putting your stuff in your car? i thought we were all going together."

"actually mom," steven started and slung an arm around summer's shoulders. "summer and i are taking her car. she's letting me drive."

"no, i'm not, but yes, we're going in my car." summer finished.

laurel sighed. "alright, that's fine. i'll drive belly and i, but i want no funny business with you two and i don't want you guys stopping at every rest stop. you know our usual stop and that's it, got it?"

"yes, mom." steven groaned, causing summer to giggle.

"we'll be fine, mom. i can take care of our little menace here." summer smirked and pinched steven's cheek.

"hey, hey!" steven exclaimed. "no pinching my cheek!"

she laughed and went to pinch her brother's cheek again and he tried pushing her back, which caused them to play fight.