𝟒

"i'm going to alison's for breakfast!" summer called when she arrived downstairs the next morning.

"but i'm making breakfast here!" jeremiah called back.

"good for you, chef jeremiah. see you all later!"

laurel huffed. "summer, wait! get in here!"

summer groaned and walked into the kitchen.

"yes, mother?" she raised her eyebrows.

"this is our first breakfast of this year." laurel pointed out.

"so?" summer raised her eyebrows.

"so i think you should stay and eat with us." laurel concluded.

before summer could reply, belly walked into the kitchen.

"and that's my cue to leave. goodbye!"

she then walked to the back door.

"good morning, conrad. see you later, conrad."

he mumbled a good morning to his secret girlfriend and she slipped out of the house.

she walked next door and entered through the back.

"good morning, parker's!" she called.

"good morning, freeloader! in the kitchen!" alison called back.

summer walked into the kitchen to see alison at the table and celeste flipping some pancakes on the stove.

"alison, that's not nice to say to your best friend." celeste scolded.

summer slung an arm around celeste's shoulder.

"don't worry, mama p. i know misses lazy over there is just joking." alison smirked.

"i am not lazy!" alison exclaimed.

the room was silent.

she rolled her eyes. "whatever."

"alright, well you're just in time for breakfast. take a seat." celeste said and kissed summer on the cheek.

summer smiled. celeste was like a third mother to her. obviously laurel was her real mother, but susannah was second and celeste was third.

summer felt that belly was closer to susannah than she was though, so she was glad that she had celeste.

she then skipped over to the table and took a seat next to her best friend.

"where mattew and matt?" summer asked and furrowed her eyebrows.

alison's brother matt was named after her father matthew.

"oh, they have some event at the country club today, so they're there already." alison answered.

summer nodded. "cool."

"so, how was last night, ladies?" celeste asked as she brought the pancakes over to the table and set them down then took a seat.

"it was great for me, but i don't know about miss stand-up over here. she ditched me and left with conrad." alison said.

"i wasn't planning on it. belly showed up and caused a scene." summer replied.

"what kind of scene?" celeste asked.

the two girls were very open with celeste. she knew about everything that went on with them.

almost everything.

summer told celeste more than she told her own mother, but that's because celeste was a lot different than laurel. a lot more open-minded and way less controlling.