Chapter: Twenty-Five

☆ Diet Mountain Dew ☆
                      ~ | Season 3, ep 20:
                   "Say Goodnight, Gracie."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Maren woke up the next morning with a blaring headache. She grumbled as the sun came in through the blinds.

"There's advil on the table and a glass of water." Jess spoke as she looked at him laying beside her incredously.

"What are you doing here?" She asked as she opened the bottle and poured out a couple of pills before swallowing them with a gulp of water.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay." He spoke.

"I'm so sorry, Jess, it's all my fault, and I completed invading your space by drunkenly kissing all over you, and I got you beat up by my idiotic brother." She rambled as Jess simply kissed her forehead.

"It's okay, don't blame yourself." He spoke as Maren nodded.

"Are you okay, by the way?" Maren asked, looked over him for any possible injuries other than the bruises he was sporting on his face.

"Just a little sore, but I'll be just fine." He nodded his head and helped her lay back on the bed.

"How was your morning?" Maren asked.
"Hectic, there was this weird guy that took up a table for four, and all he would do is just sit their and ask me to refill his coffee." Jess shrugged his shoulders.

"That is weird. He wasn't from here, was he?" She asked as Jess shook his head and painted circles with his fingers on her shoulder.

"No, I've never seen him before." He spoke.
"Hmm." She nodded.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Maren woke up the next morning bright and early to go talk to her local community college about scheduling classes for the upcoming year.

She got on the bus and sat on one of the seats and looked out the window.

She looked around before seeing a familiar head of black hair.

She looked at him weirdly before walking over to him and sitting down.

"Since when do you ride the bus?" Maren asked.

"Since now, but I could ask the same about you." He raised a brow.

"Are you leaving?" Maren asked, noticing most of his belongings in a bag.

"Maren..
Are you leaving?" She asked again, cutting him off.

"Yes, im leaving." He looked to the floor.
"Why? Did I do something?" She asked.

"You did nothing, I'm a failure, I'm not graduating high school, I can't take you to your prom. I've already ruined my own life, and I'm not ruining yours." He spoke shakingly.

"Then I'm going with you, wherever it is that you're going." She spoke as she looked around the empty bus.

"Why would you want to go with me? Hmm." He looked to the girl.

"Because I love you, and I can't live without you, I can't even breathe without you." She confessed as Jess stared at her in complete shock.

"I love you too." He spoke before kissing her sweet, soft lips.

"I have to leave. I met my father last night and I'm going to California to see him. This is something I have to do." He explained as Maren nodded.

"I couldn't ask you to miss prom and go on some stupid trip with me. Your parents would kill you if they found out." He spoke.

"I don't care, jess, I know you can't do this alone, plus if you want to extend your trip, I can just go home." She said as he nodded.

"I'm never going to get you to change your mind, am i?" He asked with a light smirk.

"Nope." She mirrored his smirk.
"To California then." He smiled.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Word count: 604