feverish

Noelle

Captain Yami had approved the mission, but insisted on sending Finral along just in case they needed to make a quick exit.

The team set out early on the following morning, the sun barely cresting the horizon as they made their way towards the border of the Clover and Heart Kingdom.

The path led them through dense forests and rocky terrain, the atmosphere growing eerier the closer they got to their destination.

Luck's eyes sparkled with anticipation. "I can't wait to see what kind of magic we're up against! This is going to be so much fun!" Asta shook his head in agreement.

On the other hand, Finral's usual anxiety was peeking through. "Let's just get this over with quickly. The sooner we find out what's causing these disturbances, the better."

Charmy's stomach grumbled audibly, and she patted it with a pout. "I hope we find some good food along the way. All this walking is making me hungry."

As they walked deeper into the forest, the trees began to thin out, revealing a clearing up ahead. The ground was scorched, and the air crackled with residual magic. Strange symbols were etched into the earth, glowing faintly with an otherworldly light.

Asta knelt down, inspecting the symbols. "These don't look like any runes I've seen before."

"I've never seen them either," Noelle added, scrunching her brows in confusion. "They must be connected to the disturbances."

Suddenly, a thick fog began to roll in, enveloping the clearing and obscuring their vision. The temperature dropped sharply, and the ground beneath their feet began to tremble.

"Why is it getting foggy all of a sudden?" Noelle asked, her voice tense as she swatted the air. "Stay on high alert, everyone."

"I can't see anything," Finral muttered, straining his eyes to pierce the dense fog.

"Everyone, get ready!" Asta suddenly shouted, drawing his sword. "Something's coming!"

Out of the shadows, spectral figures began to materialize, their forms shifting and ethereal. Their eyes glowed with an eerie light, and a low, haunting wail filled the air.

Luck's grin widened, his fists crackling with electricity. "Finally! Some action!"

Charmy quickly summoned her Sheep Cook while Finral's eyes darted around nervously, already preparing a spatial magic spell. "Just in case we need to retreat, I've got our exit covered."

The spectral figures lunged at them, their movements swift and unpredictable. Asta swung his sword, dispelling one of the spirits with a single blow. Luck then dashed forward, his electrified punches sending another spirit back into the shadows.

"I can't see a thing!" Luck shouted, his voice filled with excitement rather than concern. "This makes the battle even more fun!"

"Everyone, stay close!" Noelle commanded, her voice cutting through the fog. "We need to stay together!"

Suddenly, a larger, more ominous figure emerged from the fog, its form shifting and pulsing with dark energy. It towered over them, its presence radiating malevolence.

Finral's eyes widened as he noticed the figure. "Guys, look out! There's something bigger coming!"

Luck's grin grew. "True Lightning Magic: Ceranos!" he shouted, unleashing a massive bolt of lightning that struck the larger figure. The lightning crackled and exploded, taking out the figure and several of the smaller ones around it.

The fog began to lift slightly, revealing the battlefield. "Huh, that's it?" Charmy asked, her Sheep Cook at the ready. "That seemed too easy."

"I don't sense any other mana," Finral added, his brow furrowed in confusion. "But was that really all? How could something so weak cause such a disruption in the village?"