PPw EP2

Pond did not expect to open his eyes to the sight of a cat in close range. He practically shrieked. 

**Get away from me! I'm not cat chow!** When Pond didn't get a telepathic response in return, he knew he was doomed. He had a legit cat in front of him. She wasn't a shifter. He was too weak to shift back to his true form. Pond panicked at the thought of becoming cat food. 

When Phuwin came down from his shower, he didn't expect to hear a gut wrenching shriek. That's when he noticed Hana right in front of the injured white tern that he saved.

"Hana, no!" Phuwin was quick to scoop her up before she hurt Pond. She had meowed disappointedly at Phuwin, wondering why he was spoiling her fun. 

"I think we better separate them, luuk (son). That was a close save. Let me carry Hana, you put the bird in a safe place." Phuwin passed Hana to his mom. 

"I'm sorry, little Tern. Let's go somewhere safer." Pond shuddered at thought of almost becoming cat chow and was more than glad to go somewhere safer. Phuwin brought him to his room.

"You'll stay here for now. I'll come back and check on you, okay?" Pond nodded, which surprised Phuwin. He graced him with a smile that had Pond melting. It was at this point that he felt everything was worth it. 

Until... he realized how little time Phuwin spends at home due to his busy schedule. Pond sighed as he cooped up in Phuwin's room, hoping that damn cat  doesn't make him her chow. Pond can't help but feel a little depressed at the state he was in. Phuwin started to notice by the third day, he wondered what he should do. He was able to google when he heard the doorbell rang. He sighed before checking who was here.

"Hia?!" Dunk waved at Phuwin. Joong was perched on his shoulder.   

"Thought I'll come over personally to check on you and the bird you mentioned. Is everything good?" Phuwin rushed over to hug Dunk so Joong hovered mid air and went back to Dunk's shoulder when they were done.

"It looks depressed, hia. I'm at a lost." Dunk gave Phuwin a side hug.

"Hey, don't worry too much. Maybe Joong can help?" Joong croaked when he mentioned him. Phuwin brought them to his room. None of them expected Hana to sneak in when Phuwin opened the door. Dunk and Phuwin tried their to catch her before she got to Pond. Joong was flapping his wing, croaking at her as he tried to protect Pond. That scared Hana since Joong wasn't a small size bird. 

"No, Joong! I've got her, I've got her!" Dunk managed to scoop her up before transferring her to Phuwin. She curled into him seeking comfort from the scare.

 She curled into him seeking comfort from the scare

"Let's get Hana settled. Give Joong some time with your little friend." Dunk ushered Phuwin out to have a chat on what's been going on. Both Pond and Joong looked on until the door was closed shut.

**Pond! What the hell are you doing here?!** Joong shouted in his mind. 

**I... I...** Pond sighed before telling him the whole story. 

Pond got tangled up by some wire that he had no way of getting out of it until Phuwin saw him.

"Hey there, little guy. Let's get you out of this." Phuwin was gentle and patient as he tried to untangle Pond from it. It was love at first sight for Pond. He had been quietly observing Phuwin ever since. Every time he met him, it gave him more reason to love him until he decided to take the plunge...literally. He told Joong what had happened after, from crashing into Phuwin's car to how he ended up in Phuwin's house.

**Ai, Pond. You purposely got into an accident?! What if you didn't make it!** Joong reprimanded Pond.

**I calculated. It wasn't that bad... but it really hurt** Pond whimpered. 

**Of course it hurt. Look at you!** Joong pointed to his heavily bandaged wing with his own wing. 

** I thought it would be as romantic as you made it with Dunk but I didn't know he had that menace. I'm getting no where with him** Pond sighed. Joong shook his head. They heard a soft knock before Dunk entered. Dunk looked at Pond for a while, squinting his eyes. 

"Isn't that... Joong, isn't that your friend, Pond?" Joong nodded in confirmation. He was proud that Dunk was able to recognize Pond at a glance. 

"Don't tell me... Ai Pond, don't tell me, you are after my nong." Dunk narrowed his eyes. Pond tried to act innocent. Joong croaked at him, asking him to help Pond as he pointed towards him. They both tried to act pitiful. It was a hilarious sight. Dunk didn't know whether to laugh or to cry.  When the door opened with a small gap. Phuwin slid in, hoping that Hana doesn't try to sneak in again. 

"Hey, little Tern does looks happier already with company." Phuwin smiled at Pond as he stroke his feathers. Pond beamed at him. Joong and Dunk shook their heads, knowing how smitten Pond was. 

"Phu, I think Pon- I mean little Tern is just lonely being by himself here and the situation with Hana doesn't help." Dunk tried to start off softly. 

"What should I do then? Can you take care take of him, hia?" Phuwin threw puppy eyes at Dunk but Pond was vigorously shaking his head behind Phuwin. 

"I would love to Phu but I'll be on a long flight soon. I need someone to take care of Joong." Phuwin looked dejected. 

"Phu, why don't you take him with you to the condo? With the schedule of yours, it would be easier if you stay there. It's an easier commute. Little Tern will have a peace of mind, being there. Fot can help out when you are busy. Just remind him not to bring Mamuang. All will be great." Phuwin's eyes brighten at his suggestion. 

"What would I do without you, hia." Dunk chuckled at his response and gave him a pat to his back. He could see Pond beaming brightly at him. He couldn't be more grateful for Dunk. Dunk shook his head wondering what would become of Pond and Phuwin. 

***

~Please vote if you like this EP. It drives me forward. Khoorp khun na kha~

Do comment to let me know your thoughts. 😊😊 

---

A/N: I do not know why but comedy was the 1st thing that came to mind when I think of PPw for this series. Can't say it's totally in character but I needed it to follow the flow of the narrative. 😅😅

How do you all find it?