PPw EP3

"Welcome to your new home, little tern." Pond looked around Phuwin's condo. It truly was spacious. He tried to take it all in and realized that there weren't any menace here. It really was just the 2 of them! He couldn't help but beam at that thought. He tweeted cheerfully at Phuwin who smiled in response. Hia was right, he does look happier here.

To say that Pond was happy was an understatement, Phuwin had cooked his dinner and placed some berries and seeds in front of Pond. Pond couldn't be happier to be able to eat along with Phuwin. Phuwin was a little curious about Pond so he searched up on white terns.

"Little tern, you eat seafood not berries and seeds! How could I be so careless! Do you want some fish? How does a sea bird like you end up in the city?" Pond looked at the fish curiously. He didn't know that he was a sea bird. He had been in the city all his life. He had ate what Joong ate. Joong was the only friend he had. Phuwin was curious when Pond turn back to his berries and seeds. Perhaps he had been in the city too long.

Pond laid in the basket that night looking at Phuwin sleeping in the bed not far from him. He sighed in satisfaction over this new arrangement. Dunk was really god sent for making this happen.  

***

The first two days had been great. Phuwin tried to spend as much time as he can with Pond since he was now the sole caretaker without his parents around. He had even met the Fourth that Dunk had mentioned. Phuwin had made Fourth promise to never bring Mamuang when he comes over. They lived in the same building. It was just a different floor. But the following days, Phuwin's schedule started to be hectic again. He had made sure that Pond had water and food, Fourth would drop by and check on him. Phuwin would usually reach home rather late but he would still be on his laptop working on his thesis. Most of the time, he ended up sleeping in front of his laptop. When Pond could finally shift to his human form, he would carry Phuwin to bed and tuck him in. He wasn't as daring as Joong to steal kisses from Phuwin but he had placed his wings above him, trying to shield him from the harshness of the world outside. Phuwin gave a soft sigh in response, which made Pond smiled.

"Fun di na (sweet dreams)."  He placed a soft kiss on his forehead before placing his arm on his waist. He was asleep before he even know it. 

***

Phuwin was surprised that he would somehow made it to bed, no matter how tired or late he was at working on his thesis. Little tern would always greet him cheerfully from the table. It made him smile, no matter how tired his schedule was at the moment. All of it will end soon. He just need to push through this challenging period. 

His perspective of little tern had changed one night. He was crunching on his laptop again when he felt the exhaustion kicking in. He had been up since 5am because of his early shoot at 6am. It was a long day with the shoot ending at 1030pm. By the time he got home it was already 11ish. He still needed to rush his thesis submission. He told himself, he just needed to shut his eyes for a little while to recharge himself. He had all the intention on getting back to his thesis after a little nap. He was still in the early stages of sleep when he felt a pair of arms under him. He was placed gently onto his bed. He felt a kiss to his forehead before he felt what felt like feathers covering him along with an arm to his waist. His sleepy brain didn't have it in him to think that this wasn't natural since it was all too comfortable. The last thing he heard was to the words "Fun di na" in a low husky voice.     

When he woke up the next morning, littler tern back was in his basket and he was alone on his bed. He wondered if it was all a dream. On his way on set, he remembered that Dunk and him also had such an encounter. There was a fuzzy memory of a snowy owl and how she turned to human form. He remembered them called her yaa (grandma). Perhaps hia will know? He promised himself to visit Dunk to get to the bottom of it.