Writings on the Wall.

"I've spent a lifetime running
And I always get away
But with you I'm feeling something
That makes me want to stay"

Writings on the Wall by Sam Smith

"Welcome to The Disgraced Child Club, Jungkook."

The words continued to ring through my head for the next several days, even as I sat behind the desk inside my office, pen rapidly tapping the pad of paper as my eyes glanced over the schedule.

Did I ever imagine I would be in charge of managing people? No.

I always thought I would be a person that people looked up to. The person who made everyone's job not feel like work.

Instead I was forced to decide which employee wouldn't get their requested amount of hours for the next week. The owner was insistent that cuts had to be made to justify keeping the store open.

The clothes were hideous anyways. The desire for me to take a pair of scissors to every zebra print dress and every paisley patterned bell bottoms was getting stronger every day.

There was a knock on the door frame, making me turn slightly to see Beomgyu.

"Jungkook-hyung, you have a customer asking for you."

My eyebrows furrowed before I nodded, grabbing my keys to the office and locking the door behind me.

My mouth hummed a tune as it walked down the hallway before emerging to the almost-empty store front. One customer stood amongst the clothing, and my breath instantly caught in my throat.

"Taehyung," I breathed out in an attempt to settle my racing heart.

He gave me a smile. "Hello Jungkook!"

"I, um... What are you doing here?" I asked, not remembering telling him I worked here.

He shrugged. "I wanted to see you, so I had Yoongi text Jimin. Your best friend sold you out like a sack of potatoes, by the way."

"Dammit, Jimin."

Taehyung chuckled, my heart thumping in my chest once more at the sound.

After a moment of silence, and my fingers running across the fabric of the suede pants next to me, I cleared my throat. "So, uh, you wanted to see me, you said?"

He nodded. "What time are you off work today?"

I thought about my schedule for today and sighed. "I close. It'll be after 9."

He shrugged once more. "Great! I will pick you up at 9."

"P-Pick me up?"

"Yes. I am taking you on a date tonight, Jungkookie!"

••••

As promised, Taehyung was waiting outside the store as I locked the doors. I said good night to Beomgyu, who walked off towards his car down the street.

Taehyung leaned against a purple Camaro, dressed in a pair of skinny jeans, a white tee shirt, and a black leather jacket on top. He had a red bandana in his hair, holding some of it out of his face.

Hot.

So hot.

When he saw that I was ready, he stepped away from the car, bending over slightly to grab my hand and guide me towards the vehicle.

He moved around to the driver's seat after I settled in to the passenger seat. I took a deep breath as he walked around the car in an attempt to gather my nerves.

"So, Taehyung," I began as he pulled out of the parking spot. "Where are you taking me on this date?"

Taehyung hummed, continuing to drive for a few minutes until he pulled into a parking spot.

I chuckled. "A convenience store?"

He rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah, um... sorry it's not romantic or some fancy restaurant. With it being so late, I was a little limited in my options. I-I'm sorry if it's not what you were expecting:"

It was the first time I saw any sign of nerves in the male, making my own anxieties ease slightly.

I gave him a small smile. "It's perfect."

He visibly relaxed, smiling back at me. "Great! Then, let's make some ramen."

•••

After wandering around to pick the flavors we wanted, we finally sat down at a small table in the corner. The table faced the wall, so we were crammed tightly next to one and another, not that I was complaining.

"So, Jungkook-ah," Taehyung began after taking a bite and giving a nod of approval. "Have you been on a date with another male?"

I shook my head, mouthful of noodles. After swallowing and clearing my throat, I elaborated. "I, uh... have only been on dates with people my dad sets me up with."

Taehyung shook his head and whistled. "This dad of yours seems like a piece of work."

My eyebrows furrowed, my shoulders tensing. Growing up, my dad received a lot of shit from friends and school mates, and I had always defended him, feeling it was my duty as his son.

This time felt a little different.

I sighed heavily. "He, uh... he's a Pastor, and is very... firm in his beliefs. I only recently decided that it was time for me to start being myself, but I'm still terrified of the results."

Taehyung's face softened at this. "Jungkook, i-is he...?"

I frowned, taking another bite of food. "So, um, how did you get into drag?"

••••

Taehyung didn't bring up my father again for the rest of our two hour ramen dinner.

And as he dropped me off at my place, bidding me "Good night, Jungkookie," with a long hug and ensuring I had his phone number this time, I couldn't help but think about how right it all felt.

And how excited I was to see him again.