Chapter 12

I handed Darius his gun back and rushed up the stairs, trying my best to avoid the blood splatters on the ground. "I thought Quartz already dressed his wounds?" I asked Onyx. He was trailing closely behind me, taking two stairs at a time to match my speed. "He did, but I think the stitches reopened because of how they carried him in." he answered.

"You would think that they'd be more careful in carrying him in, no?" I raised my brow at him, to which he just shrugged his shoulders.

I was the first to arrive in the room where I saw the man holding a scalpel, trying to fight Quartz who had Jewel behind him, shielding her from the fucking guy.

"Gene, Gene— Genesis! He's trying to help you!" I hear Jewel shout among the scuffle. The man, who I've come to know as Gene, was swaying from side to side, struggling to stay awake.

I sighed. Do I have to do everything around here?

I quickly went towards him and tried my best to dodge the scalpel in his hand. I pressed an acupuncture point in his neck, making him grunt and go unconscious. Likewise, I let him fall towards Jewel since he's her man, (don't ask me how I know, I just know), and waited as Quartz and Jewel situated him on the bed. Edward also helped, his doctoral instincts telling him to do so.

"How did you do that?" Alistair's adorable eyes glazed up at me. Even though he was a bit taller than me, that's how it felt like. He's so fucking cute- you know what? He'll most likely become a part of my harem next to Darius if this persists.

"Um..." I had trouble trying to explain to him what I did because of his cuteness. "Acupuncture point? In the neck? Here." I went to him and pointed at his neck, to which he instantly tried to get away from me. He shook his head, frantic. "N-no thanks, hehe," I looked at him helplessly. "Did you really think I'd make you go unconscious?"

"I wouldn't know-" he gulped.

"Okay, calm down." I brought my hands up to show him that I won't touch him, "And I read it. In a book." I shrugged.

"What kind of books do you even read???" Alistair asked.

I thought of all the genres of books I've read...

"You don't wanna know." It was my turn to shake my head as a warning to him, to which he, thankfully, heeded.

"Um... guys?" We heard Quartz's reluctant tone, causing all of us to look at him. "I think Unity's tbr is the least of our worries. Look at his wound." All of us went near Gene's bed, and all of us witnessed how the inside of Gene's stomach was quickly being healed. Muscles from the outer torso interwove and connected themselves to cover Gene's intestines and the skin rapidly growing to cover the now healed wound. It's like he never got ravaged by zombies in the first place.

"What the fuck was that?" The person who got to their senses first was Onyx, who asked that had been ringing in our heads during the whole situation.

I stared at the only person who had all the answers, but her lips were sealed, I can tell.

Before anyone could move, I slapped the guy awake.

"What the fuck?!" Gene, with a fresh red handprint on his face, woke up with a jolt.

"Hey!" Jewel shielded him from me, "Before you ask, he's also clueless, alright? He doesn't know anything."

"Oh?" I pinched the acupuncture point on his neck again, causing him to fall on the bed again, unconscious.

"Then who does? You? The readers?" I looked at the writer, who was shocked to see me looking directly at her. "Did Jewel's book get published yet? I need to know."