👀Chapter 4👀

"Tilly's burning up." I'm currently inside the surveillance house in the middle of the living room, where Tilly was resting between a shit ton of beds. Her face was flushed as she frowned, shaking as if she's cold. Not to mention, it's one o'clock in the afternoon and it's normally hot, but she was shivering.

Olliver was seated on the other side of the bed while I took the left, tucking her blanket up to her chin. Quartz, who's known by everyone by now as our resident nurse, just finished taking her temperature and frowned, shaking his head.

"38.4 C°. Even in teens this is dangerous enough. We have to give her paracetamol and consistently wipe her body with a hand cloth soaked in cold water."

Alistair and Connor volunteered to get those for her as they disappeared from view, reappearing with a basin full of cold water and a hand cloth on each hand.

"I'll do it." Alistair presented. He couldn't help but worry for our little Tilly.

"You sure?"

Alistair looked at Quartz with disbelief. "Of course! I do this with my sister whenever she's sick."

"And where's your sister right now?" I had hoped it wasn't a touchy subject for him.

As good as this all is, I can't change the fact that I don't know much about these boys except for their godly looks and their... fondness of me. That's why I'm craving-- no, dying, to know about their lives from before, before this shit apocalypse happened.

"Oh, she's back home with my parents hehe." He doesn't even look fazed when I asked him. I watched as he soaked the cloth with cold water and wringed it, folding it into a rectangular shape and putting it on her forehead.

Connor went ahead and soaked the other cloth and began to wipe from her cheeks to her neck and down to her shoulders. He carefully removed the girl's hand from under the blanket to wipe it. To our surprise, she was holding the butterfly knife I gave her as a present. (A/N: Aww... my heart.)

"I'll take that, if you don't mind." Ollie asked Connor to give it to him and he obliged. He laid beside his sister and hid the butterfly knife under her pillow. "In case she tries to find it." Ollie whispered.

When Connor and Alistair were done, they left the room. But they didn't forget to hold my hand before they left.

"What about the paracetamol? I could've sworn we had a few bottles of those in the pantry, right?"

"Onyx threw it all out."

"Why?"

"Some of them don't look right in color and some of them are already opened. We can't risk anyone getting infected, Uni."

"Have you checked in my medicinal cabinet?" I have a medicinal cabinet hidden in a small drawer in the living room.

"Already did. I got this," Quartz brought out a small bottle of paracetamol from his back pocket, "enough for one dose. And according to the prescription, the child should drink 5 ml every four hours until the fever breaks."

Quartz made his way to Tilly and gently woke her up, her eyes half opened when he made her drink the medicine from the dropper of the bottle. I wordlessly went to the table where a glass of water sat and made her drink it, patting her thigh repeatedly through the blanket to make her sleep again.

"You're a natural, you know that?" Quartz whispered as he held my hand and kissed it, a tender look in his face as I blushed.

Ollie was already asleep beside his sister, so we spoke in hushed voices.

"At what?"

"At being a mother."

"Pfft," I rolled my eyes, "I don't think so. Should we make it happen?"