02. music bank MC ⊹˚₊

Wednesday 13th January 2021

AESPA WAS GETTING THEIR hair and make-up done in the dressing rooms, fixating their mics against their body correctly and doing anything else last minute.

Their Promotion for their debut 'Black Mamba' has almost come to an end. It's almost been a month since they debuted and the five girls couldnt feel any more ectstatic than they already do. Every performance gives a certain type of excitement and adreneline that can't be fulfilled anywhere else.

"Haoji-ah, are you ready?" Jimin asks, walking up behind the said girl as she places a hand on her shoulder. She smiles and curls herself into her leader's arms, "Yep! Let's do this Jiminie!" She says enthusiastically as she looks about, "Where's the members?"

Jimin purses her lips and shrugs her shoulders lightly, "I think they're still getting make-up or hair touched up. Maybe fixing the mic's." She explains as she looks at the Chinese girl infront of her, smiling softly, "You're so enthusiastic, Haoji-ah." She chuckles, slightly breaking the embrace, leaving her arm around her shoulder.

"How can i not be? We've come this far, Jiminie. Plus, it's so much fun." The girl smiles as she watches her three other members jog slightly to catch up with them.

The five girls walk towards backstage, the light fading slowly until it's almost barely visible. Before their performance, they're scheduled to an interview with the MC's.

They were given the questions that would be asked so that they could prepare in advance. There are two MC's. Their manager had informed them earlier that todays Music Bank MC's are named Wooyoung and Woogi.

Atleast that's what Haojing believes. "Who's Woogi? (G)idle? Is it bad that i don't know them? I think i've heard of them before, but im not familiar with them."

The girls are directed to stand infront of a huge, colourful flat. There sits a shallow and sturdy bench for people to stand on - Jimin and Haojing stand on it, behind Aeri, Minjeong and Ning who stand on the floor.

The MC's stand infront of them, waiting for the broadcast to begin. They look back quickly and bow with polite smiles before turning back around again. It's a shame that Haojing couldn't get a good look of the girl's face. From what she could see, she had a Brown bob. Maybe if she got to see her face, she would recognise the face and the name 'Woogi'.

The broadcast starts and quiet music plays in the backround. Wooyoung begins the interview, "Hello. Should we meet the unique rookie group aespa?"

"Welcome!" They both say in unison as they each move to either side of the girls. Karina looks at the four girls to make sure they're ready, they nod, "1, 2, 3-"

"Be my ae! Hello, we are aespa!" The girls bow almost in unison with small smiles on their faces.

"You're here for the for the first time with an interview. You only debuted a month ago, please tell us how you feel, Giselle-ssi?" The girl announces as she turns her head to look at Aeri — aswell as everyone else.

The camera follows suit, "Yeah, we're all really excited to be here. We've worked really hard to make our debut, and we're finally here with a new song and choreography as aespa. We hope you stay tuned into us for later comebacks if you enjoy our performances!" She blows a kiss to the camera to quickly finish it off.

As the MC looks down at her script, Haojing can't help but examine her side profile, still trying to get a look at her face. "We're looking forward to your new song. What kind of song is 'Black Mamba'?" She asks, looking at the five girls with a polite smile.

Jimin takes the initiative and Aeri hands her the mic, "Uh, 'Black Mamba' is our debut song which starts the aespa universe. I think both the song and choreography successfully shows all of our charms as a group in a new and intense way." She smiles at the camera and sticks a slightly awkward thumbs up, causing Ning to giggle a little bit.

Everyone nods at this and Wooyoung continues, "Now, we can't leave out the point dance moves. Can we try it too?" He asks, looking towards the group of girls.

Jimin hands the microphone to Haojing, who nods as she places the mic at her lips, "Yes, of course. I'll show you." She tries not to giggle as she positions herself slightly, "You just go you wander this kwangya ay ay ay ay ay ay ay." She sings it quietly as she does the dance moves, "Should we do it together?"

Aparently, the MC's had already learned this bit beforehand. The music plays as they dance softly at the same time. When the music stops, they cheer and clap their hands quietly, "Winter-ssi, we prepared a lot, how was our dance?" Woogi asks playfully as she smiles.

As the MC looks back towards Winter, who stands infront of Haojing, the latter can't help but furrow her brows. She's seen her somewhere before, right? She looks extremely and eerily familiar. Even her voice. It's really... Familiar.

Like, not just on tv. Maybe they've met at some kind of event before and she just doesn't remember. That's kind of sad if i don't remember. Was her last thought before she focuses back in on the interview.

Winter smiles as she tells them that they were so perfect that they could even join them on stage right away. They both chuckle and thank her as they continue with the script, "Shall we introduce the next stage?" Wooyoung asks.

Haojing passes the mic to Ning, who takes it and smiles at the camera, "We will first meet the energetic stage of Iz*One-sunbaenim." She says cheerfully with a few hand gestures, "You can also meet aespa's stage in just a bit so everyone don't miss out and..."

"Stay tuned!" They all say in unison as the interview comes to an end. The audience cheers are heard from where they were. They all bow politely at eachother before heading out of the camera's view.

Just before all of the aespa girls can leave, Woogi makes sure she gets the attention of Haojing first. She holds her hands from below slightly and talks to her quietly, "Haojing, do you mind if we can meet up after this is over?" She asks, her eyes seeming so familiarly puppy-like.

 She holds her hands from below slightly and talks to her quietly, "Haojing, do you mind if we can meet up after this is over?" She asks, her eyes seeming so familiarly puppy-like

WRITTEN 05/06/24
PUBLISHED 05/06/24