Chapter 35. I hate myself

Jungkook's POV

I drove to Chae eun's house the lights were still on....
I rung the doorbell and waited.
I heard a few thumps and with a click the door finally opened.
"Hello? Oh Jungkook Oppa! Whatre you doing here?" Chae eun answered the door.
Her eyes were swollen, her hair was messy, and she looked worse than before... she didn't look like the girl I hung out with 5 hours ago.
"Hey.... Chae eun what happened?" I asked worriedly
"My... he..." she started but began to tear up and stutter
"Oh I'm sorry! Its okay... you don't have to tell me" she nodded and I embraced her and pat her head softly as she sobbed into my shoulder. We stayed like that for a little bit, and ended when she said
"Would you like to come in?"
"Uh sure"
We went inside and I was suprised to see that it was exactly the same as before! The only thing that was different was the furniture was pushed around a little bit.
I sat down on a couch on the opposite side of Chae eun.
"So you ready to tell me what's wrong now?" I asked
She nodded then said
"My boyfriend.... he.... broke up with me..." she said and started to tear up.
"Wow... at a time like this too... Look Chae eun.... you're a bright and Beautiful girl. Any guy would be lucky to have you... so wipe your tears." I told her and I meant it. Even if she has her bad sides sometimes she knows what she wants and she would fight for it.
For the rest of the night we talked about her boyfriend, life, and finally what happeNed with me and Yunmi.
"If she doesn't trust you enough then she's not worth it... I mean how will you build a relationship on lies and distrust? It just doesn't work..." Chae eun Said to me and she was right... how can you?
We spoke about the happt times me and yunmi had together and how that all went down the drain.
"Oppa its really late you should go home now..." she Said yawning
"Ill stay with you tonight... its not safe to leave you here alone especially at night" I told her scratching my nape
"No no its okay Ill lock the doors and all that... you shoukd go home" she Said and smiled at me
"Are you sure?" Iasked her just to be sure
"Yeah ill be fine"
I got up off the couch and walked towards the door and kept on talking to her
"Lock the doors and windows, turn off the stove, and make sure you don't open the door for anybody"
"Yeah I know! Im not five!" She chuckled
"Goodnight Chae eun"
"Goodnight Oppa" she smiled and closed the door and with a click locked it.
After hearing the click I smiled with satisfaction And went to my car and drove home.
I wonder if Yunmi is asleep..
I shouldnt have been so rough with her
I shouldve been there with her
I shouldve listened to her reasoning
I mean I only saw her hugging a male body with a smile
I didn't see who she was hugging...
When I got to the house I unlockee the door and stepped into the dark house. I took off my shoes and closed the door...
I saw a sticky note
(It was the note from Jin)
She cried?
She fell asleep on the doorstep?
Jin hyung carried her?
Im so stupid!
She wouldve been in danger if it wasn't for Jin hyung!
I'm such an idiot leaving her like that!
How many times will I make her cry?
I felt a pang in my heart as guilt and worry built up in me...
I ran up the stairs and saw Yunmi asleep peacefully... her eyes looked puffy and the guilt returned.
I hate making her cry
Yet I do it so often
I couldnt stand being mad at her so I jumped into bed with her and made her face me.
I put my hand on her waist as she unconsciously cuddled up to me.
I felt at peace being with Yunmi again and I drifted off to sleep.
I woke up and saw Yunmi still asleep.. I decided to go out and take a walk to prepare what I was going to say to Yunmi.
I walked around the park a few times and came up with this
"Yunmi, I'm so sorry... I shouldve listened a little more to your story... I shouldve been there with you.
I felt guilty the minute I said those horrible things to you. Ilove you... so much.... and I want to be with you... I never wanted to hurt you... imsorry my love. I would never look at anyone else. Why shouLD I? You're the best fish in the sea and Im very grateful to be able to say that. I love you jagiya" that should be good.... I really hope she ubderstands now.
As I was walking back home a woman came running towards me and she seemed to be crying she turned the curb into the playground part of the park so I couldn't see who it was. I was sure it was nothing and I kept on walking. When I got back home I was suprised to see that Yunmi's shoes were gone and the sticky note from Jin hung was on the floor.
I picked it up and noticed it was crumpled and it was wet...
With tears? Oh god... it took me 15 minutes to get home from the curb where I noticed....
The crying woman! That was Yunmi!
I closed the Door behind me as I dashed out the house and ran full speed back to the curb. I coukdbt see her anymore so I went a little deeper and ended up at the playground. I looked everywhere but I couldn't see her.
Until I turned to my right where I heard her laugh.
I saw her sitting at the bench with a guy. My face fell... That's when she stopped smiling and muttered something and looked towards the floor again. The guy then took her head in his hands and looked into her eyes.
"Yunmi.... he's not worth it"
He Said and leaned in
I couldnt watch anymore.
I turned furiously and started to walk back home.
"Jin!" I heard Yunmi shriek
Jin? I quickly turned towards them once more.
I saw Jin hyung turn around and scratch the bACK if his neck...
Did my hung just try to kiss my Girlfriend?
"I can't... imsorry... i just need to figure out what's going on with Jungkook..." I heard her say.
Then my phone rang...
It was from my mom.. I smiled and answered the phone call. I told her id call her back and turned to towards the bench again.. but they were gone.
I quickly scanned the playground to see Yunmi's back figure holding hands with Jin hyung and running to his car at the end of the curb.
I hate myself.