Chapter 22

"Pike?!" Coral screamed in surprise. "Y-your majesty," Pike muttered. "It can't be Pike!" Coral said. "Mother's right! He's- he's been helping me with my Aquatic!" Anemone said. Then Coral turned to head to Anemone. "Whirlpool is the tutor I assigned you," Coral said. "Whirlpool teaches as well as a barnacle!" Anemone snarked. She could hear Kinkajou giggling in the background, but she didn't care, and before Anemone could fight with Queen Coral more, Blister  began to whisper something in Coral's ear. "Brilliant, just brilliant, take them away, and we'll plan their execution later," Coral said. Anemone brushed off whatever Coral was talking about, she would get Webs and Pike out later, she shifted her eyes to Blister. You want them dead, and I'm sure you killed Kestrel- but why? Anemone thought. "You know what this means? We can return the egg to The Royal Hatchery!" Coral exclaimed. "I'm not risking a dragonets life over this story Blister invented!" Anemone snapped. "It will be perfectly safe now that the real assasin has been caught, besides, every SeaWing queen in history has hatched in The Royal Hatchery" Coral said. Anemone glared at the SeaWing queen. But I didn't, someday you'll eat those words, Anemone thought, Or maybe not, do I even want to be queen anymore?
"Fine, but I'm staying until the egg hatches," Anemone said. "Uh. . . Should the egg be wriggling?" Ostrich asked in a whisper. "In The Royal Hatchery? All night?" Coral asked. "Yes, but when I catch the real murderer, I want you to promise you'll let Pike and Webs go free," Anemone demanded. "Ha, no, Webs will never be free again," Coral said. "Even if I save your last heir?" Anemone asked. "You won't have to, we have the assassins now," Coral said. "So it should be an easy bargain to make," Anemone said. Coral sighed. "I'll give you Pike, but Webs has too much to answer for," Coral said. Anemone snuck a glance at Blister, she was smiling. Blister looks happy, so it's Webs she wants dead, Anemone thought, This is probably the best I can do for now, I'll have to look for another chance to save Webs later. "Alright," Anemone said. "But, Anemone, we have to stay together, we can't help you down there," Umber said. "And whoever's coming after the eggs will be just as happy to kill you, too," Kinkajou said. Ostrich gave the egg to Anemone, thinking about it now, the egg was larger, and heavier than the other SeaWing eggs in the hatchery. "Not if I catch him first."