Road Trip

Mallory sighed and wiped the sweat from her brow as she closed the hatchback of her reliable, blue, S.U.V. She glanced at her watch and felt a satisfied feeling of being done right on time. Which is more than she could say for her travel companions, which should have met her at her house several hours ago.

     Mallory had been looking forward to this trip for a while. A week-long getaway to a cabin in the mountains. A time away from work and all the people that annoyed her. Her only company on this trip was a couple: Josh and Rosie. Mallory liked the two. They were cute together and were fun to be around in general. It's why they were Mallory's first choice when she realized she would have to split the cost of the cabin, as well as the long drive time, with someone. Though their tardiness was slowly making Mallory more and more annoyed with her choice. She had a good idea what was keeping the two. It was likely the strange quirk in their relationship. She would find out, soon as the couple's small, brown, car began rolling into her drive.

     The fact that the car's back seat was filled with scant bits of luggage emphasized why they were taking Mallory's S.U.V on this trip. Even with her own bags in there, Mallory was pretty sure her larger vehicle could comfortably hold all their luggage and all three of them, even if Rosie insisted on bringing her extra luggage. Judging by the outfit Rosie was wearing when she eagerly ran out the car, she probably did.

     Mallory herself was wearing some comfortable for the road: sweats and a loose t-shirt. Josh was wearing a plain t-shirt and jeans a similarly comfortable outfit. In contrast to the plain clothes of the other two, Rosie's outfit was bright and exuberant. She had on a purple top decorated with cartoon bunnies playing on different video games, and over that was a pink skirtall decorated with cute cosmic fish. Rosie was downright adorable, which only confirmed Mallory's suspicions.

"Mallory!" Rosie excitedly hugged Mallory as Josh slowly followed over.

"Sorry for the wait," Josh apologized. "We weren't quite as packed as I thought we were."

"Uhh uh," Mallory said with an accusatory tone. "I know what that means," she gruffly peeled Rosie off her. "Ok little girl, no since hiding it. I know what that outfit is and what's under it. Let me see your diaper." Rosie's face grew flush.

"Daddy," Rosie whined at Josh.

"I told you she'd notice right away," Josh said sympathetically. "Go ahead sweetie." Rosie donned an innocent smile as she raised her skirtall, revealing that the top she was wearing was in fact a onesie. Through Mallory could already see bits of it poking out of the onesie's leg holes, she popped open the onesie's snaps to undoubtedly confirm that underneath that onesie was a cutely printed adult diaper.

"You really thought I wouldn't notice?" Mallory gave an accusing look. "Or that I wouldn't expect this?" Rosie looked away ashamed.

"Come on Mallory," Rosie explained. "It's a road trip. There's so many cute things I can do, I can't resist wearing diapers."

"Lucky for you I predicted you might want to wear diapers on our trip and I accounted for it," Mallory said with pride. "Though a case of diapers and baby toys takes up a lot of room."

"And a car seat," Rosie said with a slight wince.

"A car seat!?" Mallory shouted back. She looked to Josh for confirmation. He laughed innocently.

"It's in the trunk," Josh explained. "You don't have to take it but ..."

"Pleeeeeease," Rosie cut in with begging. "I've been sitting on this thing for so long and I've never gotten to use it. It doesn't even fit safely in my car, but a long road trip, in your big car. It's the perfect opportunity."