Chapter 7- Unnamed Magic

It wasn't a book. It was a wooden chest sort of box disguised as a book. Its leather was very old, and thick. As Jimin held the book from which the loose manuscript had fallen, a sense of foreboding washed over them. The title, embossed in faded gold lettering, seemed to pulse with an eerie energy as they gazed upon it.

Y/N: "how-" She reached forward to take the unknown piece in her library but as soon as her fingers were an inch close, she let out an agonizing scream, clutching her hand close to her chest, the manuscript floating, then falling.

Immediately, Taehyung and Jungkook rushed to her, Jungkook took her fingers in his hands, examining the burn that happened without any contact. Y/N's fingers had a couple bruises, small and white, similar to what one gets when electrocuted, but there was a different eeriness to it, something the demons knew all too well.

"Magic..." Jungkook whispered, but his cold aura was long gone. His voice held a tone that sent chills, he was scared. Something scared the crown prince so much that the girl- whose fingers were in his hands- felt him tremble.

'How did I get electrocuted by a block of wood?' She looked up to see the other two, but their faces had drained color too.

"Guys? Its okay.......It wasn't so bad." She tried reassuring them, but they were exchanging glances like they knew something.....they did.

Jimin placed the chest on a nearby rack and then took hold of her hand. Jungkook let go, and the former closed his eyes as if mumbling something, then let's go.

His face looked ghostly, and his eyes spoke depths of suspicion.

"It was............ Yoongi" He spoke in a hushed tone. Although his eyes looked up at her with a different anticipation.

"So does that mean, The Earthly realm still has magic?" Asked Taehyung.

"Guys whats going on?! What magic are you talking about? Whos yoongi?"

Clearing the doubt, Jungkook answered her, but his tone was still wavy and not stoic. "When you tried to get hold of the box, it sent a wave of demonic magic through your body, it may be a way of protecting whats inside, as there is no lock." he continued "Jimin can see types of magic, or better whos magic. What's concerning us, is the fact that...the spell was put by an old philosopher, Yoongi. He was a great Demonic preacher in his time, and our old friend." He sputtered out old lies just to calm her down.