4-Backstories

Chapter 4

Y/N: "Guys I don't think what you're looking for might-"

Jimin: "Guys, over here! This talks about a mythical crystal said to hold the essence of lost crystal magic. It's said to be in a place where realms converge.....!"

The other shuffled towards him as he got off the ladder and huddled around the crusty brown scab. Y/N stood on the fringes of the group, watching as the others pored over the ancient manuscript. The language on the pages was unfamiliar, symbols and letters that seemed to dance with an otherworldly energy. Y/N squinted, trying to make sense of the cryptic text.

Y/N: "So, any idea what this book is saying?"

Jimin, his eyes scanning the pages, nodded. Suddenly the blond snapped the book shut, making Y/N flinch. "Look can you keep a secret, Y/N?"

"No."

Jungkook turned his head and chuckled, "What he meant was, we need your help with something. And you don't have an option to even open that pretty mouth of yours about this." Icicles were dripping off his voice.

Y/N backed away. "Why my help? I don't even know you-"

Jungkook: "Did you let me finish!?"

Taehyung: "Jungkook stop, she's mortal and you're scaring her.........Look, Y/N, we'll come back here soon for the book, but before that, we need your help, okay? Can we step out and talk? You can close this and we'll come back in the morning.... hmm?"

Y/N didn't like the way he was treating her, all soft and spongy, but she played along, innocent. "Alright."

She went back to her desk and picked up her notebook, laptop, and keys along with her purse. She made sure to double-check the lock on the ancient door before heading out into the quiet of the night with the three boys behind her. She led them out of the dark alley and through the now-not-so-busy streets of Seoul to a little cafe that lay tucked within the city lights.

The quaint café emanated a soothing ambiance, soft jazz playing in the background as Y/N, Jungkook, Jimin, and Taehyung settled into a corner booth. The aroma of freshly ground coffee beans and the warmth of dim lighting created an atmosphere that felt far removed from the mysteries they were about to unfold. her eyes wandering to her watch that displayed 2 am

Y/N, a kind-hearted librarian with an affinity for ancient texts, couldn't help but feel a mix of curiosity and nervousness. These seemingly ordinary guys had an aura of enigma about them, especially Jungkook, who carried a certain gravity in his gaze.

Y/N: "So....."

Jimin: "Look, we'll take this slowly and give you ample time to freak out. So, you see that boy," the blond sitting next to her pointed to the redhead "His name is Taehyung, that cold boy", he pointed to Jungkook "is Jungkook or your people know him as lucifer, but we won't go there, and I'm Jimin."

Y/N: "Skip to the part where I have to give a shit."

Jungkook snapped, not able to tolerate her tone anymore: "Whoa, so listen to the part where you have to give a shit, hell is in misery and I, as the next heir, am trying to restore my world's magic."

There was a pause. And another pause, until the only human finally sighed.

Y/N "Can someone sane speak?" Taehyung choked on himself as he heard her call the mighty lord of hell insane.

Taehyung: "Look, I'll explain. Y/N, this might sound a bit strange, but there's something about us that we need to share. It's not a typical story, and we hope you'll hear us out without thinking we're insane."

Y/N raised an eyebrow, a flicker of concern in her eyes. She gestured for him to continue.

Taehyung: "You see, we're not exactly from here. We come from another realm; a place quite different from Earth. The things we're looking for, the mysteries we're trying to solve, they belong to a realm beyond what most people can fathom. We're blindly trusting you, because nobody else can really help us out right now. We're gonna need you to do the same. I know its gonna sound really absurd, but just keep all your thoughts aside, and listen?"

He paused, gauging Y/N's reaction. She leaned back, absorbing the words with a mix of skepticism and intrigue.

Taehyung: "Now, don't get me wrong. We're not aliens or anything like that. We're, well, entities from a place called Hell. And before you freak out, it's not the hell people typically think of. It's more... complicated."

Jimin chimed in, offering a reassuring smile.

Jimin: "We're on a quest, you could say, to restore something vital. Something that connects our realm to yours. And in that ancient library, we believed we might find clues, information that could help us fix what's broken. You see, at the start of time, when hell and earth, along with heaven were formed, all of them were interconnected, but after some misunderstanding, that even we don't know, things kinda broke apart into life and death. The gates were closed to prevent a war, hell belonged to demons, and Heven to angles, but earth................ Earth had witches, werewolves, goblins, vampires, and humans, but sadly due to Earth having absolutely no magic of its own, the rest have faded."

After a pause he continued. "Death again divided into one that was good and one that was bad. The good was heaven and the bad was hell. Now in heaven, there are different lords, with different names, for different religions, but in hell, we only have one lord, Satan. So, since everything was once one, there are ancient remains of both heaven and hell in your realm although your realm doesn't possess any magic"

Y/N's eyes widened, a mix of disbelief and fascination dancing in her gaze as she drowned everything in. Jungkook was quiet.

Taehyung: "Now, we're not here to drag you into some supernatural chaos. We just...we need your help.

Jimin: "Look the main deal still may be a bit scary, so we'll go slow." They waited to see her reaction.

Y/N: "............I-" feeling flustered that all eyes were on her, she responded "I d-dont know what to do with this information, but if you guys really need help, I could provide resources..........but its getting hard for me to believe all that........."

Jungkook took out something that resembled a stone from his pocket. It was about 4 inches. "This is my mother's crystal. She used magic and kept it powered, it was glued to my father's crown, but after her demise, this crystal lost all of its glow and turned grey. After the loss of Queen Lillith, my father overthrew his throne and position as king, and just simply walked away from the duties of hell. I was just a child back then, no sympathy. Now, it has become a weight and great responsibility of mine to take his position, but every time I try, Satan gets in the middle and tells me it's not time. It's just plain stupid that he won't rule his kingdom, not let me do it. According to many of our ministers, the reason for his random disappearance and appearance isn't the fact that his wife died, (thousands of years ago) and he just does not want to rule, there's a bigger reason. We are on a high assumption that something materialistic is fighting his magic and won't let him get back on his throne. I don't know why, but I recently got a vision telling me that the key to restoring hell is to restore magic in this gem, and to do that we will instructions from your archive."

Jimin: "And also this realm is unfamiliar to us, and it would be great if we had a friend who would guide us."

Y/N: "You guys are serious about this stuff?"

Taehyung: "Do you want to help?"

Y/N was very hesitant, although her whole body was denying their story, a part of her had an undeniable feeling of trust.

 "Yes."

______________________