Chapter 8- Moonchild?

Chapter 8-

As Y/N emerged from the library with the ancient manuscript in hand, she found the boys engrossed in their thoughts, their expressions etched with concern and contemplation.

"Hey, guys," she called out softly, approaching them with cautious steps. "I did some research on that poem you gave me. It's quite fascinating."

Jungkook looked up, his eyes reflecting a mixture of curiosity and apprehension. "Who wrote it? And when?"

Y/N cleared her throat, attempting to recollect the information she had just uncovered. "It's attributed to a renowned poet from the 1300s named... um...," she paused, searching her memory for the name she had come across. "Raphael di Angelo."ngelo."

Taehyung's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Raphael di Angelo? I've heard that name before. He was a prolific writer during the Renaissance period, known for his cryptic verses and dark themes."

Jimin's gaze sharpened as he listened intently. "Interesting. What else did you find?"

""Well," Y/N continued, "the poem seems to be shrouded in mystery, much like everything else we've encountered. It talks about the decay of Hell and the restoration of power through a crystal from a human heart. But there's more to it than meets the eye. I couldn't find much else about Raphael di Angelo or the context in which he wrote this poem. It's like he disappeared from history after penning these verses."

Taehyung's eyes gleamed with intrigue. "A poet vanishing into obscurity after writing about demonic realms and sacrificial queens? Sounds like the plot of a mystery novel."

Jimin chuckled softly. "Except this is real life, and the stakes are much higher."

Y/N set the manuscript down next to the boy sitting on the table failing to notice his intense stare at her. It had been quite some time now that he'd been getting a certain tingling feeling all over his body when she was near. A connection? No, a bond that's yet to be created. A fizz before the reaction. Jungkooks mind wanders back to when he grazes the earthly realm's sky with his great wings, with the librarian in his arms.

His marble-like eyes gazed on her finger for a moment. Her hair, chestnut with slight curls, those little curtain bangs that partially hid her forehead, those slashy eyelashes that would softly touch every time she blinked, or how they skimmed when she was focusing on a piece of text, like she was doing.

A small baby smile played at the hem of his lips as he admired Y/N. His gaze lowered to her collarbone, where a water-like thin necklace lay, its pendent above her cleavage. It was a nice necklace, quite stunning but wait-

"WAIT!"

Jungkook yelped from his seat on the countertop and jumped next to her, his finger coming into a close contact with her pendent causing her to shuffle back.

Jimin: "Everything alright? Price Jungkook?"

Jungkook: "Where did you get that necklace?!"

Y/N's slender hands leave the manuscript and go to her necklace.

"I-it's my birth-mothers......"

Taehyung: "What-?"

Her hands clutch around the pendent, a small crystal white globe, representing the moon.

Jungkook: "It's the same globe that appeared in my vision. It was a bit bigger if you ask me though..."

He closed his eyes as if remembering his vision.

"It was covering up the moon, more or like resembling it"

Jimin: "What does that mean?"

Y/N stays silent before speaking.

"I'm adopted."

Their reactions did not meet the expectations, more like they urged for an explanation of how that was even relevant.

"Heyyyy! Can I have some reaction please?"

Taehyung chuckled and sighed.

"Adoption is common in hell. But go on."

Pressuring her lips into a thin line, she spoke, "My mom and dad were farmers by a river bank. They found a baby girl one day in a basket in the river. And then they kept it, because my mum wasn't capable of having children. This was the only thing I was wearing when they found me. I've had it on ever since. Maybe it showing up in your dream it's just some coincidence.

Jimin: I feel like there are deeper dots to connect......The moon you said?

"Yeah" The crown prince agreed.

A silent seed wafted into Jimin's head and grew there.

Could the mysterious protecting force inside her.....be from that necklace, moreover, the moon?

There was a high chance of it to belong from her blood parents..........

Elemental magic?

Could it be.....?

She couldn't be the moon's daughter....could she? 

The necklace, the visions, the inexplicable magic—everything seemed to be leading to one startling conclusion. She wasn't just an ordinary librarian caught in extraordinary circumstances. She was something more, something powerful, and her destiny was intertwined with the fate of Hell itself.

It was all fate.

______________________________________________

dadaddaa