CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

As the second night of the grandest spectacle in sports entertainment, WrestleMania got underway, the capacity crowd at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was treated to a patriotic opening ceremony befitting the momentous occasion.

Country music duo The War and Treaty, known for their soulful blend of Americana and gospel, took the stage to perform a rousing rendition of the beloved national anthem "God Bless America."

Their powerful vocals and emotive delivery filled the air, stirring up a fervent sense of national pride within the WWE Universe in attendance.

Just as the final notes of the anthem faded, the arena erupted in thunderous applause, setting the tone for an evening of unparalleled energy and excitement.

But the patriotic pageantry was just the beginning, as the iconic Stephanie McMahon, soon emerged to thunderous ovation.

With a radiant smile and commanding presence, she hyped up the already electrified crowd, extolling the history, tradition, and sheer spectacle of WrestleMania.

Her rousing words served to further stoke the flames of anticipation, as the WWE Universe eagerly awaited the epic clashes and unforgettable moments that were to come on this second night of sports entertainment's premier annual event.

In the first match, Colby defended the World Heavyweight Championship against Drew McIntyre, with Phil as a special guest commentator.

Immediately at the beginning of the match, McIntyre performed the Claymore Kick on Colby for a near fall.

Outside the ring, McIntyre grabbed a cellphone and took a selfie with his wife.

Following this, Colby performed the Pedigree on McIntyre. The latter beat the count, but as he went back into the ring, Colby immediately performed the Stomp for a near fall.

McIntyre turned his attention to Phil and mocked him by signaling for his finisher, the GTS, but Colby countered into an inside cradle for a near fall. McIntyre then performed another Claymore Kick on Colby for a near fall.

In the climax, as Colby kicked out of another Claymore Kick, McIntyre hit him with the maneuver again and pinned him to finally win a WWE world title in front of a live crowd.

After the match, McIntyre mocked Phil and gestured a crotch chop. Phil stood up and tripped McIntyre. Phil then removed the brace from his arm and hit McIntyre with it.

2023 Men's Money in the Bank winner Luis then ran out to the ring with his briefcase and cashed in the contract. Luis immediately performed the South of Heaven on McIntyre and pinned him to win the title.

This made Luis the first WWE world champion of Puerto Rican descent in over fifty years and only the second WWE world champion of Puerto Rican descent after Pedro Morales.

This also made Luis the second person to cash in his briefcase at WrestleMania (after Colby at WrestleMania 31 in 2015).

Next, The Pride (Bobby Lashley, Angelo Dawkins, and Montez Ford, accompanied by B-Fab) faced The Final Testament (Karrion Kross, Akam, and Rezar, accompanied by Scarlett and Paul Ellering) in a Philadelphia Street Fight match.

WWE Hall of Famer and rapper Snoop Dogg was the special guest commentator for the match, and WWE Hall of Famer Bubba Ray Dudley was introduced as the special guest referee.

In the end, Kross bickered with Dudley and shoved him. Dudley then pulled out his Hansen Brothers glasses and put them on and then signaled to "Get The Tables".