Chapter 1 - The Invitation

JinLing sighs as he looks at the documents he was working on on his desk, A stack of heavy parchments and scrolls can be seen on his side and on his table is a scroll that he keeps looking at over and over again.

Contemplating JinLing let down the scroll and then signed his signature on the bottom part, he heaved another sigh as he stretched his hands to take another scroll but then he stopped and looked at the bell that was sitting on his table, he retracted his hands and took the bell instead.

His eyes glistened as he traced his hands on the bell and the lotus engraving on the other side and then the lan emblem at the other side. This bell was given to him by Wei Wuxian on his birthday a year ago.

He smiles as he recalls the conversation he had with his Uncle (although he calls him by his name when they're together or always referring to him as you) after giving it to him.

'JinLing here, it's a gift from me and Lan Zhan. Happy birthday ' wei wuxian smiles as he hands him the box containing his gift.

JinLing nods and smiles a little when he opens the box and sees a yunmeng jiang bell.

'ordinary bell as one would expect, but thanks anyways uncle wei' - he thought but his eyes immediately lit up when he touched the bell and felt how powerful it is.

'Do you like it? It's the only one of its kind, hehe you can use that as a Qiankun Pouch to store important items during your night hunt, and also it's abilities to ward off evil has been amplified as well' -wei wuxian said and looks at him, ignoring the gasp and whisper in the fragrance hall.

Wei Wuxian dropping his invention casually as if it's just some random item he picked up.

In anyway, JinLing was so touched at his gift that he almost stood up and hug Wei Wuxian but of course he stops himself before he does so instead he say 'Thank you Jiu-uhm Senior Wei, Hanguang-Jun" and give them a bow

Hanguang-Jun just nods his head and walks off with Wei Wuxian who's smiling at him and waving his hands.

He heaved another sigh again and then placed the bell on the other side of his belt.

'just one more scroll and I'll be done, will i be able to see uncle wei again?' -he thought as he rushed to finish the last scroll he was holding.

He was a bit excited due to a message he received two weeks ago, it was from Lan Sizhui, an invitation for him to join them in a night hunt at the border of Gusu. He alongside Sizhui and Jingyi (although they often argue) and Ouyang Zizhen becomes friends and often go on a night hunt together.

They would go occasionally and sometimes they meet coincidentally as well.
Last night hunt they had was around 6 or 7 months ago and that was with Wei Wuxian, a case that involves a Crippled Old lady who hunts down a bridge in one of Lanling's town.

Now Jin Ling was stuck with paperwork's and stuff as he was the sect leader of his clan and he has a duty to preserve his sect, but nevertheless Jin Ling misses going on a night hunt. So that's why he is rushing his job so that he can prepare his stuff before he sets off tomorrow to meet everyone.

--- Cayi Town (Gusu)

-Thud
Jin Ling arrived or landed safely in Cayi town as this is the place where he and the others would meet up, he walks on the inn that they agreed upon but rather disappointed that no one was there yet, but of course he arrived 2 hours before their set time.
Due to boredom he decided to roam around.
After an hour of roaming around he eventually found Ouyang Zizhen alongside some of the disciples of Ouyang Baling sect. Zizhen rushed into his side and then spoke in an unhurried manner